[EU] Just5 Cosmo L707

Hej, so about 2 months ago, I managed to smash my old phone to bits and I was desperate for a new phone on a budget. Started looking for one and saw those xaumi phones or stuff, my brother had just gotten a Xaumi M4 or something and the android on it looked horrible so I skipped it. My budget was around 150- 170€ and my selection was slim, I remembered there was this Latvian phone brand Just5 who made budget phones with decent specs, not the best though. I looked into them, was thinking of getting a freedom X1 or just a regular freedom phone. Then I noticed that they had released a new phone, actually a line of new phones, Freedom C100, C105, Cosmo L707 and Cosmo L808. 

I was looking for a phone with a decent amount of storage, big screen with a FHD display, a decent back and front camera. The C10x's were out of the deal, because they had a HD display. Which I also got to use because my other brother got a C100 I think or a C105, I can say that it's disgusting to use, my eyes could see the pixels from about 10 or so cm (~5") away. I was left with the choice of the L808 or L707. I compared them, the L707 had a 5.5" FHD display, L808 had a 5" FHD display. L707 had a dual camera (13MP and .3MP), L808 had a single camera (16MP). L707 had only 3 sensors, that I tested and barely worked... The L808 was packed with sensors everything you need. Both had a finger print sensor at the back of the phone. The L707 was made of hard plastic, that I actually like more than the aluminium feel, because I need to work outside and it gets really cold where I live so the aluminium will get cold, and I never have gloves. L808 had a aluminium body.

So I decided to buy the L707 for a bigger viewing area but sacrificing the PPI a bit. So I got it. Unboxed it, and turned it on, and was greeted with a create account sign on my phone. At first I was thinking "why?" So I created the account. And it wanted me to choose which one I want to sign into, the one I just created or guest. I didn't know why I'd need this, but I just continued. Signed into Google and stuff, downloaded necessary apps. After a few weeks i got used to the feel of the body, and all of my friends said it's really close to a iPhone, and one of my friends had an iPhone so I tried he's case on the phone, and surprise surprise, the case actually fit. So. Instead of getting the silicon case that is designed by Just5 for l707 I got a iPhone case. Ohh and that silicon case is the only case actually designed for the l707, so no variety unless you buy an iPhone case. 

When I had had the phone for a month, I started to experience some issues. The fingerprint sensor didn't  work at times. A straight line from, as thick as my pinky finger, it started to malfunction, I can't press there, it throws the tap somewhere above or below where I tapped. So I let it slide, thinking it was because of the brutal cold I've been putting this phone through for the whole month. After that, sometimes the camera didn't want to turn on, and said that some other app was using the camera. Didn't pay attention to that, but it cleared away after the first few times it happen. Until recently the SIM card/ Carrier card had started Poppin in and out constant requiring me to re-enter the pin every time it did. Later I found out that the pins had pushed my SIM card /carrier card so much that it came out of its micro card holder. So, fortunately the phone and a micro and nano SIM slot, and I just made the card into a nano card and put it there, no problems so far, though. Now I can't add an extra mSD card because the SIM slot is on the SD cards slot.

Otherwise, I did a geekbenchmark it did not turn out the best. Go figure. YouTube video watching is impossible in 1080p, it's too stuttery and laggy to watch, so 720p was the sweet spot. In games it couldn't Handel well, though I don't play a lot so it didn't bother me. Taking pictures to me looked fine, and I am not really that person who takes a lot of pictures anyway. But I sometimes do so I could remember beautiful times. The android does come stock so if your into that then that's a plus.

All in all, I might have gotten a bad phone build whise, with the screen not working properly at one area and fingerprint sensor malfunctioning. Otherwise I was happy with it, but not the happiest. If you're looking for a phone in the EU that you only use for surfing the interweb and watching Netflix on the go, then this is a good phone, but there are probably better ones out there. If you want a solid "gaming" capable phone. Then you're out of luck.

If you need help on used parts, contact me. I'm an used enthusiast.

Open the spoiler to see some cool stuff!

Spoiler

My old/new tech Collection!

CPUs (11)

Intel Pentium III @ 733Mhz (Oldest of the Bunch)

Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.8Ghz (2002)

Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.0Ghz (2003)

AMD Sempron 64 2800+ @ 1.6Ghz (2004, Aug)

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ @ 2.2Ghz (2004, Jun)

2X Intel Xeon X5355 @ 2.66Ghz (2006, Q4)

Intel Pentium E2140 @ 1.6Ghz (2007, Q2)

Intel Xeon E5630 @ 2.53Ghz (2010, Q1)

Intel Core2 Duo E8400 @ 3Ghz (2008, Q1) (In use, @ 3.61Ghz)

Intel Pentium E6500 @ 2.93Ghz (2008, Q1)

GPUs (6)

Palit GeForce 6800 GS (Should be working, AGP 8X)

Club 3D GTS 450 (Working, PCI-e 16x)

Sapphire Radeon X800GTO (Working, PCI-e 16x)

Nvidia GeForce 4 (Last time worked, AGP 4X)

Nvidia GeForce FX (No idea, AGP 4X)

Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 OC (Semi-dead, PCI-e 16x)

Ram (1)

No idea of the brand or Socket (Whopping 16 Mb memory)

Cables (1)

CrossFire X Cable

• 3 months later...

I can even compare my L707 to Freedom, Blaster and L808 because I had have them all. (Spacer was popular in my family, but I had Huawei at the time (hate it, never again, but that is a different story).
Freedom had an issue with SD card as it did not want to write in it and when it did he made duplicates for apps if it was set to save primary to SD card. In phone link to app in SD card and in SD card the app. Seems ok-ish, but when it takes up space on phone the same amount as on SD card (together twice as much as if it was saved only on Phones storage) start to wonder if SD card is the best choice.
But that was my stupidity and not the phones fault as I went from Huawei to Just 5 with the same SD card (because I am "smart", don't judge me). Note for those who thought just now: "but where is the problem?" Hint: Different phone, different Android version. SD card needs to be formatted before placing it in the new phone (also: placed in phone while the phone is off). And magic - everything starts to work correctly. (Sad that after phone change I only figured this one out)
"But why did you change Freedom to L707, Obvi?" well good question my friends. After 2 years of constant (100+) phone suicidal jumps from my pocket or desk to the ground it finally cracked. A lovely line on a screen. Barely visible. Could not feel it with finger since I am a neat freak and I had my protective film on. (At the end that was the only thing holding it together (film bought at Just 5 Showroom in Latvia). Also the Just 5 film and protective glass for Freedom did not come with the phone (if I remember correctly Blaster and Spacer also did not have them, but for L707 and L808 it was already on, that was a nice touch). And the protective film that they say is for that model is actually just a film that is compatible with it (extra holes for light indicator or something that Freedom does not have, so if you choose that just bear in mind that any protective film for similar phone would do (also would be cheaper)).
Blaster - after 3 years of use (not by me but still was poking the phone to be able to compare it) stop vibrating. Yes, ha ha - get your mind out of the gutter. No vibro - ring, sms incoming messages - nothing. Silent mode was very fun - just guess if someone is calling. (Freedom was more fun in that way - silent mode? Sure if silent then Alarm Clock will also be Silent. Don't want to wake you Obvi.) Blaster had indicator for missed calls (the home button lights up blue if you have something missed) why mention it? Because it disappears on Freedom (no light indicators on those models). Then reappears on Cosmo 707 (bright green light, can't miss it) and Cosmo 808 (small red dot, barely visible, but it is there.). Also Blasters come with (what was it Android 4?) really old OS, so take to Showroom (in Latvia) root it and get an upgrade (takes up to week), because no automatic updates there. (Or root it yourself the youtube is full of how to do it, but I better trust someone I pay to do it then break it).
L707 - Love it - still do. AR doesn't work - but never had a working one so no issues here. (The Augmented reality - the gyro sensor is the one that makes it work never had a phone with it).
The thing with double sign in - I get it - if it is a phone for a child, put first user as parent the second one as child and place whatever child locks you want on it. Also the guest - for the super private people with jealous GF/BF or whatever. Just log in as guest and give them to play games or surf the net. The whole phones memory is secure and Guest can't see nothing. This was advertised as phone for teens.
Noticed a con comparing to Freedom - when phone is charged out and you start to charge - only at 3% you will be able to turn it on (5,5'' takes a lot of power) Freedom just plug in and turn on no waiting. Also 3300 mAh bit to little (good that figured buying a new phone at Showroom when "Buy new phone get Power bank 6600 mAh as gift" was starting).
But safety first for this phone. I turn it on Powered by Android, Just 5 logo music enter patter. Powered by Android, Just 5 logo music (yes again), enter sim pin. (If you have 2 then have fun) then enter a pattern yet again. And yes. I'm in. Yes I know that there is options to turn some of it off. But there it is. The default 2 times Logos so you know that maybe it looks a little bit like Iphone - it is not. It reminds you. Twice. And still somehow Android hits home better than iOS ever will.
L808 - AR finally works. They know how to put in gyro sensor, finally. Took only how much tries? (Blaster, Blaster 2, Spacer, Spacer 2, Freedom, Freedom X1, Freedom M303, Freedom C100, Freedom C105, Cosmo L707) (10 tries and 11th worked). BUT. For those who care about inches and design - the bottom of the phone where usually phones has the menu, home, back buttons has no touch sensor. "But Obvi what is there?" well - nothing. Its just a bottom bar with nothing. Extra space for ... nothing. "But Obvi where are the buttons?" Oh well, glad you asked. In the screen. As in ... in the Android .. I mean 5'' just got a lot smaller. As the screen (5'') is shortened with buttons because the bottom of the phone has no touch pad to place the buttons on (well the bar is but ... nothing). Was a huge deal breaker for me. Even the gyro sensor could not help me with swallowing that fact up. That I actually call a design flaw. 
They announce new model COINPHONE (with 3 versions of it: LITE, PRO and PRO NOTE). No much info about them but what I could tell is that the dreadful design of L808 continues. What i could gather is that LITE will cost 99 EUR (same as Freedom, L707, L808 (FREEDOM C105 = 69 EUR)) and the PRO NOTE 499 EUR (This ones actually new at price range and can't wait to poke around a phone that costs same as IPhone 6).
Oh wow, that is a lot of text, sorry for that. So i general. I see your point. Here is an extra info on ... budget phone from Just 5 - The comment that no one asked for, happy to oblige.

Cool story.Maybe it may be worth it....

Still if its not iphone, it is not phone .

Look at iphone it literally have phone in it, you get more phone from that.

I am quite smart, but I decide not to express that.

I think MAC is master race.

I may know some stuff, but generally I have gone through my life telling confusing, technical and actually useless things to people who have no technical knowledge just to get them off my back.