Hello I need help on a few questions for my PC

Yana

Hello, I am about to buy a 1070 for Christmas on Newegg.com for the first time. But I'm reluctant to buy the item for that the GPU recommends a 500w PSU, I only have a 400w PSU. I do not know how to find out how much watts my parts take individually... but i went to a site and all it said i need was around 370w. Should that be fine for a 400w with a 1070? And if i do need a PSU, which one should i get?

My build:

i5-6400 2.7GHz

B150M PRO-D Motherboard

8GB ram

1tb HD

400w PSU

gtx 750ti (for now)

3 minutes ago, Yana said:

Hello, I am about to buy a 1070 for Christmas on Newegg.com for the first time. But I'm reluctant to buy the item for that the GPU recommends a 500w PSU, I only have a 400w PSU. I do not know how to find out how much watts my parts take individually... but i went to a site and all it said i need was around 370w. Should that be fine for a 400w with a 1070? And if i do need a PSU, which one should i get?

My build:

i5-6400 2.7GHz

B150M PRO-D Motherboard

8GB ram

1tb HD

400w PSU

gtx 750ti (for now)

A decent 500W power supply can be had for well under $100.  It touches all parts of your PC and without it, you have an expensive paperweight.

I would upgrade the PSU first.

1 minute ago, TheGlenlivet said:

A decent 500W power supply can be had for well under $100.  It touches all parts of your PC and without it, you have an expensive paperweight.

4 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-WHITE-Warranty-Supply-100-W1-0500-KR/dp/B00H33SFJU/ref=zg_bs_1161760_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=0K3Y1WB4J50FY8AJ34D9 Does this work?

I just bought a Thermaltake 850w rgb psu for 119bucks on Newegg so a 500w should be about half that

never let fear stand in the way of your terror. 

If you like anything I write feel free to quote and pass it on

however, if you disagree with me and have a strong opinion.....better be riding a fast horse