Driving a MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR Autonomous Car!

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say you were being driven by an autonomous car?

Either way is technically correct - Linus did drive the car, it just also drove itself at times xD

Is it just me or does it look really boring?

I'm not talking about the tech but the design, it just looks boring and simple like it was something they forgot and threw something together the last 5 minutes.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Has anyone at lmg heard of TESLA, they have been doing thus stuff for longer and are far more skilled at it ? cool video through guys 

11 minutes ago, marknight81 said:

Has anyone at lmg heard of TESLA, they have been doing thus stuff for longer and are far more skilled at it ? cool video through guys 

From what I understand Tesla's current production run of vehicles uses autonomy of a lower level (I think level 2 or 3 compared to level 4) than the SYMBIOZ.

But that is on a production car which is incredibly impressive.

No hate against Tesla here :) they're just not the only ones doing cool stuff in the autonomous space!

This Is cool, I know everyone knows Tesla is better, and comparing it to that. At least now I know their is another nicer premium self driving car that can come to market. And it doesn't look like googles smiley face. LTT sponsored videos have been on their game well.

I just found out from today’s video that France is using left hand drive just like the rest of the world. Nice! 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

whoa, never seen those devialet speakers before...
Are you guys thinking about a review of them in the foreseeable future? It would be really cool. 

More content like this, please, at least to mellow out the ermagerd rgbz but will it GAMER type stuff for children.

Are there future video plans to delve more into the tech behind this or other autonomous cars? Our lab did a bunch of autonomous vehicle work in grad school but that was years ago, so it'd be neat to see how things have changed.

Tesla's stuff is approaching full autonomous, but in select conditions, and it's far from perfect. It'd be neat to see similar videos of them, as well as the other big players in the field-- GM/Chevy, Ford, BMW, Merc, etc etc.

9 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

But the real question is...

Did linus drop it?

I'm suprised he didn't find some way to crash it

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

5 minutes ago, Thermosman said:

I'm supervised he didn't find some way to crash it

You are supervised eh? Based on that.. I reckon not.

1 hour ago, hey_yo_ said:

@wkdpaul did Linus pronounced the French intro correctly? ?

lol I had to go check after reading your reply! xD

He has a thick accent but it's 100% understandable, but I'm not sure if he can actually speak French or if they simply gave him the phonetic spelling and had no idea what he was saying. :P

I've had to deal with people with worse accent than that!

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

how do you drive an autonomous car? Doesnt it drive itself?

Title should be " being a passenger in a multi million dollar autonomous car"

I also noticed, the car doesnt indicate when changing lanes.

Was the lit-up-at-night-Eiffel-Tower-at-night-so-it-is-a-work-of-art-and-therefore-illegal-to-film-in-a-commercial-video blurred using YouTube's own blurring tools?

9 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

I just found out from today’s video that France is using left hand drive just like the rest of the world. Nice! 

not the rest of the world, 1/3rd still drives on the (correct) left hand side of the road.   :P

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

14 hours ago, nicklmg said:

Thanks to Renault for sponsoring this video! Learn more about the SYMBIOZ concept at http://geni.us/AKz7h

Love to have been a fly on the wall regarding the ethical decisions meeting

Well, this is another clear example of Linus being like "Shut up and give me your money" style video. I am aware that there is a lot of technology inside that car, but at the end of the day it's just a car. And again I am aware that money has to be made in order to make the channel work.

Next thing you'll see Linus reviewing/showcasing/presenting top of the line/state of the art cigarettes producing factory. Why? Because cheap publicity, because Linus, because money. Why pay tens of thousands to a TV commercial when you can fly a youtuber over at a fraction of a price. Getting Linus to showcase the car was the cheapest publicity for Renault.

Perfect advertisement formula: one youtuber boi with millions of subscribers + the product you want to advertise = the perfect cheapest advertisement. P.S Forgot to dislike the video - on my way now.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

On 19/12/2017 at 10:45 PM, marknight81 said:

Call me back when they finally make a car that can really drive itself in Paris. I'll be listening then.

They're in no way better than others. It's mostly that other don't see the point of selling a gadget car which fails on its promise to be a real self driving car. The correct way to phrase it would be: have you heard of basically any non American car manufacturer? Because they have been making cars for way longer and are better  at it... Renault has revolutionised the way we build car bodies, I don't remember which manufacturer had brought ABS to cars, and so on. Most of Tesla's tech come from Europe anyway. Belgium, France and Switzerland have been pioneer in Deep learning and computer vision, contrary to general belief.