Looking for a set of headphones between $100 and $200

Theknight42

hey everyone i am in the market for my first pair of audiophile headphones and i really dont know what to look for i have about 200 dollers to spend on them and i already have a decent sound card in my computer to drive them could you help in suggesting a pair of headphones for me?

Something high impedance so the sound card doesn't mess with it.

Dt 770/880/990 250 ohm.

Are the 770, 880, and 990's all open ear?

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Something high impedance so the sound card doesn't mess with it.

Dt 770/880/990 250 ohm.

+1

Are the 770, 880, and 990's all open ear?

770's are closed, 880's are semi-open, and 990's are open.

So for what situation do you recommend each type because i dont really know the difference like what situation would closed headphones be for and same for open?

So for what situation do you recommend each type because i dont really know the difference like what situation would closed headphones be for and same for open?

If you are using these headphones at home 99% of the time, get open headphones. Better sound stage for gaming. The DT990's have a lot of bass, recessed mids and high treble. The 880's are more of the same but the bass and treble are smoother.

The closed ones isolate outside noise, the semi-open has better bass, and the open has the best soundstage. Get open for gaming, or closed if your listening environment is noisy.

do you guys reccomend anything more then beyerdynamics so i have a little more to look at or is it absolutely fantastic? also you guys are awesome!

do you guys reccomend anything more then beyerdynamics so i have a little more to look at or is it absolutely fantastic? also you guys are awesome!

We're recommending them because of the soundcard, but they are pretty good headphones regardless.

also my sound card is the built in one on the new ROG formula board i know its decent but not exactly how good 

also my sound card is the built in one on the new ROG formula board i know its decent but not exactly how good 

Does it have an amp?

Which one?

alright  Thanks i appreciate all of your assistance you guys are awesome and i think im going to get the DT 990 

Get the sennheiser HD558's and if you have the extra cash go for the HD598's

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

Get the sennheiser HD558's and if you have the extra cash go for the HD598's

There's no point. The only difference between the two is color and about $50.

There's no point. The only difference between the two is color and about $50.

and a piece of foam