Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Red jive

Headphones for a half deaf person

Posted · Original PosterOP

So it's Christmas and my dad has been using the same crappy skull candy 20$ headphones for a good 2 years and i want to get him a upgrade. The problem is that he can only hear around 15% out of one of his ears. Is there a headphone that won't break the bank and is from a quality producer (sennheiser,bose,akg,ect) that could fit his needs or something?   

Something from Bose would surely do the trick but they are not on the cheap end of the stick.  I have been using my Bose headphones for 6 or 7 years at least without any problems other than having to replace the foam earpads last year after they wore out.

Try a bone conducting headphone. It bypasses the eardrum, so he might actually be able to hear more of the sound.

They're a little more expensive, at around $100. AfterShokz is a pretty well regarded brand for them, and the wired ones are much more reasonable at around $60.

"Doesn't break the bank" isn't a quantifiable metric. I just bought my cousin $270 headphones for Christmas, my bank account is fine.

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red