FCC Live Stream

NumLock21
1 minute ago, Tiberiusisgame said:

50/50 Mbps up/down for $60USD/mo. Fiber.

just remember that you were supposed to have 45/45mbps for $20 in 2005 ;) on fiber, too

I used to be quite active here.

Just now, XenosTech said:

And from what I've heard Comcast is absolute horse shit.

Meh, they seemed fine. My grandma has Comcast. And the little bit I've used it. It's pretty fast and she seems to like it a lot more than CenturyLink.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Just now, Kobathor said:

just remember that you were supposed to have 45/45mbps for $20 in 2005 ;) 

yeah, I don't believe in supposed to. That requires I trust promises made by businesses. I grew up on dialup anyway. Imagine my days in a dorm at university when we had gigabit without regulation.... oh, those days.

Apparently the American people can use the Congressional Review Act to overturn the FCC if elected officials want to.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

5 minutes ago, Bigbootyjudy said:

Oh my god, I have century link and we pay about $75 for a 12mbps connection

image.png.1637db8bf60720e03461266408f625d5.png

that's like $52.50 USD and I don't pay full price because bundles lol

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

Apparently the American people can use the Congressional Review Act to overturn the FCC if elected officials want to.

It won't happen, though.  It's dead, Jim.

I get 250/50 for $50 through Comcast here in Washington. Probably won't get that for much longer.

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Meh, they seemed fine. My grandma has Comcast. And the little bit I've used it. It's pretty fast and she seems to like it a lot more than CenturyLink.

Almost every streamer I've seen with it, rages non stop about how bad it is and some days it looks like they're playing minecraft versions of games

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

6 minutes ago, ONOTech said:

It still has to go through the courts as far as I know. Looks like they're voting on measure now?

Yep, I think it'll be contested in court 2018. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

1 minute ago, mawv said:

I get 250/50 for $50 through Comcast here in Washington. Probably won't get that for much longer.

U live in WA too?

I hAve an unfinished pc build. Pls dont bully for not having one yet or i cry.

1 minute ago, XenosTech said:

image.png.1637db8bf60720e03461266408f625d5.png

that's like $52.50 USD and I don't pay full price because bundles lol

This is sort of like the issue of salaries. Businesses make it taboo to discuss but there's nothing illegal about sharing it.

If we all knew what we were paying, we could actually boycott certain ISPs until they made it reasonable. But that will never happen. Too many people who just don't care enough to fight for it.

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Apparently the American people can use the Congressional Review Act to overturn the FCC if elected officials wanted to.

Wrong, CONGRESS can use congressional Review, and as you've seen here lately, congress is more dysfunctional than a christmas family dinner.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

2 minutes ago, Tiberiusisgame said:

yeah, I don't believe in supposed to. That requires I trust promises made by businesses. I grew up on dialup anyway. Imagine my days in a dorm at university when we had gigabit without regulation.... oh, those days.

Exactly, which is why I think we need very strong NN rules. Businesses cannot ever be trusted, they do not care about the consumer and they do not care at all about keeping promises. Unless they put tons of stipulations on the Title I classification for ISPs, I doubt they'll be able to enforce NN, and it'll be a fruitless battle between the FCC and the companies that don't have to follow the FCC's rules.

I used to be quite active here.

1 minute ago, Fruitsnacc said:

U live in WA too?

Yup. Just south of everett.

This is sort of like the issue of salaries. Businesses make it taboo to discuss but there's nothing illegal about sharing it.

If we all knew what we were paying, we could actually boycott certain ISPs until they made it reasonable. But that will never happen. Too many people who just don't care enough to fight for it.

Kinda like my old job... We all knew what each other was paid and we all left because of the retarded differences and the boss was a jackass who didn't see to know much about the field he was working in

Just now, Kobathor said:

Exactly, which is why I think we need very strong NN rules. Businesses cannot ever be trusted, they do not care about the consumer and they do not care at all about keeping promises. Unless they put tons of stipulations on the Title I classification for ISPs, I doubt they'll be able to enforce NN, and it'll be a fruitless battle between the FCC and the companies that don't have to follow the FCC's rules.

Thoughts are nice. Actions are better. At present, it would appear NN is dead. It's stone dead. It has expired, it is no more.

Kinda like my old job... We all knew what each other was paid and we all left because of the retarded differences and the boss was a jackass who didn't see to know much about the field he was working in

This problem is ubiquitous and perpetuates because no one discusses salary and bosses seem to think that sort of thing is fair. It's why the G-scale exists in the government.

This problem is ubiquitous and perpetuates because no one discusses salary and bosses seem to think that sort of thing is fair. It's why the G-scale exists in the government.

Which is why when people tell me the wage gap is a myth I usually just ignore them because it does happen within some companies.

Which is why when people tell me the wage gap is a myth I usually just ignore them because it does happen within some companies.

I've never worked for a company of more than 5 people that didn't have that gap. Salary negotiations help to create that gap. A guy can work a job 10 years and have all the experience for that job, yet a 3% cost of living increase over those 10 years (and a company policy of no raises) could still land him under a new hire for the same work.

Injustice is just a way of life. You can complain and suffer or you can leave your job and be that new hire with the bigger salary. Which leads to disloyalty to a company and constant job changing. Then the companies higher experts to figure out why their turnover is greater than 25%.

I'm not speaking from experience, clearly...

Please stay on topic.

I've never liked how ISP Infrastructure companies have held the american people hostage over NN. It's always smelled to high heaven and for that reason, i will never support corporate interest in a public utility.

...And i do believe that the internet is a public utility. don't agree? Then take it all away. shut down the internet entirely, and see how quickly society crumbles.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

I've never worked for a company of more than 5 people that didn't have that gap. Salary negotiations help to create that gap. A guy can work a job 10 years and have all the experience for that job, yet a 3% cost of living increase over those 10 years (and a company policy of no raises) could still land him under a new hire for the same work.

Injustice is just a way of life. You can complain and suffer or you can leave your job and be that new hire with the bigger salary. Which leads to disloyalty to a company and constant job changing. Then the companies higher experts to figure out why their turnover is greater than 25%.

I'm not speaking from experience, clearly...

Funny thing about it was the 3 of us were fresh outta school and me the new guy and the other guy who was there 1 month before me got paid the same as the guy who was there for 3+ years, but the girl who was there 4 months before me, she got paid way less then the rest of us. Shit even the dude who got hired waaaaaaayyyyyyyy after me got paid the same as me and he had 0 degrees or certs to work in that field. all he did was fuck shit up for 4 months lol

1 minute ago, knightslugger said:

Please stay on topic.

I've never liked how ISP Infrastructure companies have held the american people hostage over NN. It's always smelled to high heaven and for that reason, i will never support corporate interest in a public utility.

...And i do believe that the internet is a public utility. don't agree? Then take it all away. shut down the internet entirely, and see how quickly society crumbles.

See how fast civil wars break out you mean

1 minute ago, XenosTech said:

Funny thing about it was the 3 of us were fresh outta school and me the new guy and the other guy who was there 1 month before me got paid the same as the guy who was there for 3+ years, but the girl who was there 4 months before me, she got paid way less then the rest of us. Shit even the dude who got hired waaaaaaayyyyyyyy after me got paid the same as me and he had 0 degrees or certs to work in that field. all he did was fuck shit up for 4 months lol

Those people, the last guy, usually get promoted. But I like that. It gets them out of a position where they can do damage and puts them behind a desk where decisions take years.