YouTube Demonetization Screenshot Leaks + Secret YouTube Meeting

Net neutrality was hard at work protecting freedom of speech and opinion I see...

Oh wait, I forgot...

Diamond and Silk, (demonetized)

PragerU, (restricted and demonetized certain videos)

The Polish government(restricted)

Oh... And James Damore... They just straight fired him for his views and having a research based discussion on his thoughts.

This was quite obvious from the start.

SJWs destroy everything they touch, even entire countries.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

The one constant in "tech diversity" is that any deviations from their world view are not tolerated. This is a side effect of Silicon Valley being both the tech hub and the hub of a particularly virulent political ideology.

But, it is getting harder and harder to do business in Silicon Valley, so this will give advantages to new startups who base themselves elsewhere. Geographic diversity will occur and ideological diversity in tech will follow.

~~Kuroneko~~

- Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core

- Corsair H115i Pro 280 Liquid Cooler

- Asus X399 ROG Zenith Extreme MB

- 2x Nvidia Titan V

- Corsair 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3000MHz

- Samsung 960 Pro Series 1TB M.2 SSD

- Western Digital RED Pro 6TB 64M SATA

- Corsair AX1500i Titianium PSU

- Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout

- 3x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial 140mm 3000RPM Fans

~~Chibineko~~

- Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core

- Corsair H115i 280 Liquid Cooler

- Asus X470-F ROG Strix  MB

- 2x MSI Vega 64 Wave Liquid Cooled

- G.Skill Sniper X 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600MHz

- Samsung 960 Pro Series 512GB M.2 SSD

- Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

- Corsair AX1200i 80+ Platinum

- Fractal Design Define R5

- 5x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial 140mm 3000RPM Fans

On 14/12/2017 at 11:47 PM, Matt_Lefebvre said:

Youtube is a real job man....

Its creating a product - that thousands if not millions of people consume.

Its like saying producing a TV show isn't a real job. YouTubers, successful ones, put in just as much work, time and energy as people in broadcast, but at a smaller scale and frankly larger audiences.

-IMO-

Alphabet/Google/Youtube is just responding to advertiser demands here - because they obviously do not want to fix their adsense and reserve media (the nonskip 15sec spots) allocation setup - because they make like 70% margin on those products, they would rather work to censor content - which is completely lazy but ensures that there is a negligible impact to the bottom line.

This all stems from YT's decision to do something called YT premium for advertisers - where basically they decided to charge brands like Coke, Pepsi, etc, that wanted to spend on the network a significant premium to air their spots on the top 5% of YouTubes content based on 30 day views, subs etc - and filtered them into categories (tech, lifestyle). The kicker here is that advertisers never got to hand select the content they aired in, and boom they're in content about Nazi's or Child exploitation = Adpocolypse.

So instead of fixing the revenue model, they decided to fix the content.

-------------------------

Backup for above - I was a Digital media buyer in ad agencies for 6 years and a Youtuber for 5 years....

-------------------------

I think the greater takeaway from all this is that Youtube can be very fickle. What is acceptable today could be deemed unsuitable tomorrow, and there is no guarantee of long-term sustainability. 

That said, I have always wondered about the long-term career prospects of a youtuber. When you are young, the money looks good and the job seems glamorous. What happens years down the road as you get older and your audience is no longer interested in you, or you no longer have the energy and passion to sustain this? Do you just pack up and look for a job elsewhere? What can you put in your resume to make you marketable?