pubg creator copycat concerns

porina
16 minutes ago, Tedny said:

It's BBC, it can be clickbait

That's ANY web news site these days.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

46 minutes ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

Yeah i mean that is true But the Blantant EXACT ripoffs especially on mobile is crazy. They legit Copy it to a T at so many points its a bit weird.

So many have identical wepons  Exact same looks to them same exact scopes, drinking redbull to heal bandages health kits. they even follow all the exact same healing of these items and damage. to the same exact "Blue Wall"  white wall where next is and Dashed line to it.  Along with the same HUD same mini map type ect ect.

The exactness just gose on and on with some of them its insane. I the idea and Genre of battle royal is Open for anyone and other games will bring improvements to the idea hopefully.  but honestly these people are not copying the Idea there just copying the game.  Half of them even use battlegrounds in the titile. Maybe its not illegal but if a movie had the exact same lines and plot or a book had been copied 50% of the words and the other 50% just changed up a little bit  it would still be

Yeah The Launch on the 20th  is actually pretty optimized and can be finally run at 144fps and 60fps on high with pretty weak PCs. Pubg has come a long way in optimization. This last update to the test server which will be the full game not early acess in 6 days  actually improved my FPS by 30 / about 50%  more then i was getting went from 60s to 90s 

Funny because I play it and I have to wait a full 2 minutes for my buildings to load in and I can walk through buildings and shit 

1 minute ago, Spenser1337 said:

Funny because I play it and I have to wait a full 2 minutes for my buildings to load in and I can walk through buildings and shit 

Yeah a Slow HDD and or Low amount of Ram Causes this. If you already have a pretty slow HDD id recommend stopping anything else using your HDD like recording software downloads ect.  You have to load the Map in but the HDD or Ram is Too Slow / Not enough to do it before you land.  (Though 2 Mins is really weird even my old laptop drive from like 2011 only takes 30 seconds  about but Should basically never happen on a good drive i just moved it to my cheap Sandisk SSD since the games 8gb in size and its never happned once. 

3 minutes ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

Yeah a Slow HDD and or Low amount of Ram Causes this. If you already have a pretty slow HDD id recommend stopping anything else using your HDD like recording software downloads ect.  You have to load the Map in but the HDD or Ram is Too Slow / Not enough to do it before you land.  (Though 2 Mins is really weird even my old laptop drive from like 2011 only takes 30 seconds  about but Should basically never happen on a good drive i just moved it to my cheap Sandisk SSD since the games 8gb in size and its never happned once. 

My ssd and 16gb of ram is pretty slow 

23 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

You cannot own a genre and acting like they do is a dick move tbh, especially because H1Z1 did it first  

Arma 2 had it first and other games before that had BR. And note the same guy who made it for H1Z1 is the guy who made PUBG.

14 minutes ago, Sauron said:

If they copied the code or artwork you'd be right, but a "game mode" doesn't count as a product they designed.

It was a retorical statement, the point being that the game should be able to sell based on its merits and not just because of a single game mode idea.

So... how does he define "directly copy"? From what I've seen the "copycats" HAVE put their own spin into it and some even added it on top of a preexisting game.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I take it you haven't looked at the play store recently ? So much exact rips of pubg are on there and I mean exact to a T, example AK kills in 4 shots in pubg and it does in the mobile rips, all the building assets are the same map, compass and shit even the victory screen is the exact same thing.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

Just now, XenosTech said:

Arma 2 had it first and other games before that had BR. And note the same guy who made it for H1Z1 is the guy who made PUBG.

yeah I meant specifically they shouldn't be bitching about copy cats if they are technically one tbh :D

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

1 minute ago, Eduard the weeb said:

yeah I meant specifically they shouldn't be bitching about copy cats if they are technically one tbh :D

Well he's basically the mind behind it becoming popular again and people are literally making copies of the game just on the mobile side

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

Whenever anyone creates a suddenly popular game or product, copycat games or products are going to pop up. Look at how many WoW clones and Halo killers we had back in the day. If you release a good product then this shouldn't be of concern. Maybe thats the problem here.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

29 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

I take it you haven't looked at the play store recently ? So much exact rips of pubg are on there and I mean exact to a T, example AK kills in 4 shots in pubg and it does in the mobile rips, all the building assets are the same map, compass and shit even the victory screen is the exact same thing.

Current laws and policies already allow them to take those down, so he's either complaining about nothing or he's talking about more prominent competitors like fortnite.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

Current laws and policies already allow them to take those down, so he's either complaining about nothing or he's talking about more prominent competitors like fortnite.

Highly doubt he's worrying about fortnite. That's worlds different to pubg, so is Islands of nyne.

33 minutes ago, Spenser1337 said:

My ssd and 16gb of ram is pretty slow 

Somethings probably going on there then when i had this problem i looked into it a lot and every single person said 16gb of ram or SSD will fix it. i have a more budget ish build (though i upgraded my GPU this month so not so much anymore) so i just threw it on my SSD instead of getting more ram i only have 8gb DDR3 

6 minutes ago, Sauron said:

@XenosTech Yeah i mean the Winning screens Say Winner winner chicken dinner and have almost the exact layout of the rest of the info Top left Yellow writing  Chicken Dinner Kill #s ect   almost identical to every aspect. 

18 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

Highly doubt he's worrying about fortnite. That's worlds different to pubg, so is Islands of nyne.

Then he's complaining about nothing, because he already has the tools to fight mobile ripoffs.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

11 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

R6S

R6 is an older series and has more complicated map, gear, controls than CS

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

23 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

R6 is an older series and has more complicated map, gear, controls than CS

its a champion based shooter, they got Team Fortress too

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

6 hours ago, JAKEBAB said:

Does this guy ever stop bitching?!?!

Seriously. He is really out of touch with how his industry works.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

LMAO So is PUBG getting sued by H1? What about that Survival Of The Fittest game that Ark had for awhile? This is the kinda stuff devs get away with when Fan Bases are rabidly defensive.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

They also created new industry standards for early released titles.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

PUBG came from Infestation Stories. So... who's the copycat now? 

Yes, I know. The developer behind that went on to make PUBG. But regardless, it's based off the same thing. 

They can't complain about their game being "copied" when Fortnite released for FREE and runs completely fine on console and PC. Meanwhile, PUBG struggles to even perform well.

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

Good luck with that. Lokk at Mobas. Some are even 99% matching in mehanics and only differ in graphics. And some of the richest companies (Blizzard, RIOT) cant do nothing about copycats.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

This guy seems to bitch about everything these days. He threw a tantrum and threatened a lawsuit after Epic added a battle royale mode to Fortnite. His AMRA 2 mod wasn't even original. There was a Hunger Games mod for Minecraft that released before his mod and battle royale is clearly an idea inspired by last man standing multiplayer modes, something that has been around since, at least, the 90s.

On 14/12/2017 at 11:12 AM, Bananasplit_00 said:

Oh man, if we start to claim basic game concepts under copyright, a LOT of good games will go under because they weren't the first lol. OW, Paladins, R6S would all get rekt by Valve for example xD

And most of the RPGs would get shut down by Wizards of the Coast :)

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

On 14/12/2017 at 9:48 AM, porina said:

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/42320076/pubg-creator-says-games-need-better-protection-from-copycat-titles

Now here's a tricky one, and not limited to gaming. How similar does something need to be to something else for it to be a copy? Battle Royale as a concept (outside gaming) has existed for a very long time. It was first made famous to me by the Japanese film from 2000 of that name, but it goes back much further than that. So I'd argue the general idea in itself isn't new even if pubg is the first to bring it to the mainstream in gaming. 

I wonder if we can look at fps games as a whole for comparison. It is a long time ago now, but I look back at (90's versions of) Wolfenstein, Doom, later Quake and various spinoffs using the same engine... I don't really recall the mechanics changing that much early on. Go somewhere, kill everything, repeat. Occasionally open a door or push a button. Looking at games today, there are more mechanics variation, and storyline has become a much bigger part, along with multiplayer focused games. As someone not into the genre, they still look pretty similar to me...

Did he invent Battle Royale? No? Then fuck off Mr Copycat.

The guy isn't happy to have the most popular game on the planet, now he's seemingly make it so no one else can use the system his game us based upon.

Just try any copyright an entire genre Brendon, let's all find out exactly how hard the judge laughs at you when you do.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

so the guy who made a mod for dayz and later ported that mod as standalone

(by buying a truckload of unity assets and throwing it out there in early access charging 40$ for it)

now goes around complaining about people copying an idea ? 

Bildergebnis für what

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list