Ridiculous 7 Monitor Setup

falsedell

It's bugging me how the second set of 3 monitors isn't positioned above the other 3. 

I personally don't see the point in it. I can understand a 4th display, as I plan on getting one soon. I find 3 monitors boosts my productivity, but I think 6+ would just hinder it, especially if the monitors were offset like the ones in the picture.

EDIT: The desk also needs cleaning. 

It's bugging me how the second set of 3 monitors isn't positioned above the other 3. 

I personally don't see the point in it. I can understand a 4th display, as I plan on getting one soon. I find 3 monitors boosts my productivity, but I think 6+ would just hinder it, especially if the monitors were offset like the ones in the picture.

EDIT: The desk also needs cleaning. 

The "second set" of 3 monitors was actually the first set. The TV is centered over those, and they were all centered over my old desk. Upgrading monitors meant upgrading the desk. I really don't want to drill more holes in my wall at the moment.

Also the desk has now been cleaned.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Arctic White Windowed | Motherboard: Asus Z87-Deluxe/Dual | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 2133 Mhz | GPU: 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB | PSU: OCZ ZX Series 850W 80 Plus Gold | Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Logitech G600 MMO Mouse | Headset: SteelSeries Siberia V2 | Monitor: 3x Dell P2414H

This looks stupid to me and I would not want to poke my head up or move to see the other monitors :3 

Yeah, the TV might be useful though if there is a couch behind the camera.

After hearing all of the complaints about how the two sets of three monitors weren't aligned, I decided to rectify that situation.

The bottom set are 24" monitors, while the top set are 21.5". And now it is painfully obvious that the TV isn't exactly centered, but that could be a result of taking the monitors off of the wall and hurriedly putting them back. I need to do some clean up anyway.

IMG_0546.jpg

And if anyone was wondering where the couch is...there is only a bed.

IMG_0539.jpg

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Arctic White Windowed | Motherboard: Asus Z87-Deluxe/Dual | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 2133 Mhz | GPU: 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB | PSU: OCZ ZX Series 850W 80 Plus Gold | Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Logitech G600 MMO Mouse | Headset: SteelSeries Siberia V2 | Monitor: 3x Dell P2414H

you like iron man?

A little bit.

too many hats, not too many monitors-it's cool, but if I had the money I would build myself something like this http://i.imgur.com/tfsGXpZ.jpg?1  Can't beat that stand :D

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

too many hats, not too many monitors-it's cool, but if I had the money I would build myself something like this http://i.imgur.com/tfsGXpZ.jpg?1  Can't beat that stand :D

Can't beat the stand? For ~$800 I can beat it.

FYI Wendell is only about 20 minutes down the road from me. Maybe I could "pop in" and pick his brain. Just a joke. I don't do that stuff.

If anyone is still interested, I'll be updating my monitor setup around New Year's Day..whenever my new hardware arrives.

Mini-Update

OLD Bottom 3 Monitors, plus old middle top monitor...

IMG_0561.jpg

OLD top outside monitors...

IMG_0562.jpg

NEW...3x Dell P2414H. Waiting for my order of 3 more to be confirmed and get shipped. Absolutely did not expect these 3 to show up in less than 24 hours. But I'm not complaining.

IMG_0563.jpg

After hearing all of the complaints about how the two sets of three monitors weren't aligned, I decided to rectify that situation.

The bottom set are 24" monitors, while the top set are 21.5". And now it is painfully obvious that the TV isn't exactly centered, but that could be a result of taking the monitors off of the wall and hurriedly putting them back. I need to do some clean up anyway.

IMG_0546.jpg

And if anyone was wondering where the couch is...there is only a bed.

IMG_0539.jpg

now i dont like how the top isnt aligned with the bottom in terms of size of monitors :P

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

now i dont like how the top isnt aligned with the bottom in terms of size of monitors :P

Look at the post I made RIGHT BEFORE this. I've made another change. I got 3 of the Dell P2414H....waiting on 3 more.

UPDATE!!!!!!

This is the final setup...unless I am able to get a 7870 relatively soon.

IMG_0566.jpg