PUBG struggles to hit 30 fps on console release (lol)

ItsMitch
44 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

PUBG has been released on the console for a few days if that and it's already hitting big mainstream media over it's poor and lackluster console port and it fails to meet it's expected 30 fps on the Xbox 1 and the Xbox 1x.

Story is coming in from Eurogamer and Digital Foundry

Video from Digital Foundry with the framerate on screen:

-

Personally, the game doesn't look that great and I'm not surprised it runs like shit.

3jdra7U.jpg

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

4 minutes ago, Daring said:

"This system is built to amaze on day 1, and continuously improve over the generation ahead." - Don Mattrick, 2013

I mean, I'm pretty amazed it runs to begin with.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I feel like the shitty performance is just part of the PUBG "experience."

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

#earlyaccessmeansfullreleasestopmakingexcuses

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Nitpicking post

Optimization implies there's room for improvements. Considering that I don't think the developer has been implementing those means the game is poorly designed. I.e., there basic design decisions were made that prevent optimizations from happening without tearing down everything and rebuilding it.

Honestly I applaud the Xbox for even being able to run it. Not because the game is so beautifully made with the best graphics that not even reality itself can match, but because the game isn't that impressive at all and it runs horribly even on PC's that make the Xbox look like a child's toy.

To even be able to run it, is a win for the Xbox.

Achievement unlocked. Running PUBG on a potato.

57 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

They didn't, the Xbone release is supposed to be final.

56 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

Oh dear

Its not final it is under the Preview Program, which is Xbox early access program.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

15fpsmasterrace

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

To be fair, what were people expecting? Those 8 Jaguar cores in the Xbox one X in a MC workload are similar in performance to a FX 4300 while in a SC workload, its close to half the perf of the FX. (Note: This is based on the performance of the Athlon 5730 and 5150, both are 4C jaguar chips). 

Game that runs like ass on a high end machine combined with 8 low-powered cores was never going to end well, especially when the 8 cores are clocked very low and its IPC isn't great to begin with. 

14 minutes ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

Running PUBG on a potato.

The only potato thing about the PS4P and Xbone X is the CPUs. Their GPUs are anything but potato. 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

I'm never going to buy PUBG because I'm not forking over my money for an unfinished product. Devs should finish the game first, then release it.

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

They didn't, the Xbone release is supposed to be final.

The currently released version is just a game preview version doesn't have the final version yet.

15 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

I'm never going to buy PUBG because I'm not forking over my money for an unfinished product. Devs should finish the game first, then release it.

do you mean the Dec 20 release date, or when you think it feels polished enough. I played on the test servers and the Dec 20 version will be a lot better then the current one.

Just now, The Benjamins said:

do you mean the Dec 20 release date, or when you think it feels polished enough. I played on the test servers and the Dec 20 version will be a lot better then the current one.

When I think its polished enough. A date is just a date. When they get their act together and finally sort it out I might get it.

3 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

When I think its polished enough. A date is just a date. When they get their act together and finally sort it out I might get it.

What do you mean by "get their act together" you act like they haven't been doing anything. This game has had 1/4 of the time of most AAA games to be developed you can't expect a alpha to play like a stable game it just delusional. The progress of this game has been better then any other I have ever seen.

Imagine paying $100 per frame.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

What if they pressed the wrong version of the game onto all of the discs 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

7 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

What do you mean by "get their act together" you act like they haven't been doing anything. This game has had 1/4 of the time of most AAA games to be developed you can't expect a alpha to play like a stable game it just delusional. The progress of this game has been better then any other I have ever seen.

Then they shouldn't expect people to pay for it in alpha. It's pretty common sense to finish a game before you put it on sale.

6 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

Its been almost 2 years of development, what are you talking about? Also they used a an engine that allows for quick input in addition to using pre-made assets, they likely are never going to fix this game but it really wont matter to them as they made the money up front.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

3 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Then they shouldn't expect people to pay for it in alpha. It's pretty common sense to finish a game before you put it on sale.

its crowd funding. I don't think they expected this many people to buy it, but just enough to fund development. 

16 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

i've seen greenlight AA games run better and look better than this

5 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Its been almost 2 years of development, what are you talking about? Also they used a an engine that allows for quick input in addition to using pre-made assets, they likely are never going to fix this game but it really wont matter to them as they made the money up front.

2 years is not the same as the 4-8 years AAA games have taken.

If you bother to look at the test server you would see they have fixed/changed almost everything. and their are good improvements on FPS.

6 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

2 years is not the same as the 4-8 years AAA games have taken.

Never seen a multiplayer AAA shooter take 4 years, many have been done in 2, its not an open world rpg so it shouldn't take as long as one, especially if it has pasted assets to allow for fast development

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

A game that hammers mid to low end CPU hard, runs badly on an extremely low end APU. No big surprise.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 hour ago, Max_Settings said:

I can already tell you too that this game will be unplayable on the regular Xbox one or Xbox one S, because on the Xbox one X it still can't hit 30fps at most points with FAR more power.

If this game is cpu bound, it will run like poo no matter the gpu.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…