Monitor flickering when FreeSync is active

Jahoppski

Hello!

My monitor flickers while watching videos or playing games, only while FreeSync is active at a high refresh rate. While FreeSync is active when I have my refresh rate set to 120+, my screen starts to flicker. However, when I disable FreeSync or lower down my refresh rate, it works perfectly. Is there something I could do to fix this?

I've tried multiple DP cables, so it's not the cable at fault. I also doubt it would be the GPU, as I've used each port of it and they don't make any difference.

The monitor that I am using is this one here. DP is this one here.

Thanks for any responses!

if you have an another AMD GPU laying around then swap it in and test it out with the monitor, but since you asked this i assume you have no other AMD GPU, so if its possible ask someone you know to lend you their AMD GPU to test out your monitor.

Its hard to diagnose the problem without a second GPU. 

Microsoft in there infinite wisdom have decided to impose a VRAM cap for games the that use DX9 o.O. May God Bless them those whoever came up with that idea. :dry:

You're looking for something that does not, has not, will not, might not or must not exist ... ... but you're always welcome to search for it. 

13 minutes ago, DeadlyTitan said:

if you have an another AMD GPU laying around then swap it in and test it out with the monitor, but since you asked this i assume you have no other AMD GPU, so if its possible ask someone you know to lend you their AMD GPU to test out your monitor.

Its hard to diagnose the problem without a second GPU. 

Alright, I'd have to try and get my friend to lend me one. Thanks for the advice!