Flashie
Go to solution Solved by Flashie,
9 hours ago, Dujith said:

-snip-

9 hours ago, razaldo said:

-snip-

Hey guys; Thanks for the replies.
I decided something odd before coming back to check the forum replies

I compared the settings of each of the Office installs. What i found was interesting.

The seperators (to say like $5.36 instead of $5,36) for my desktop was " . " for thousands and " , " for tens.
The seperators for my laptop was " , " for the thousands and " . " for the tens. 

My desktops was set to that based on what my windows install on this PC uses; And considering this was a custom build with OEM windows installed, and the laptop being bought new from an importer with windows pre-installed; it would make sense (little odds it being that both would be different) that they were different.

I swapped the comma and the dot separator around on my desktop to match how it is in the laptops install settings; and lo and behold; all the data was there on the next query refresh xD

Now i can finally continue  with trades. I appreciate the help folks.

*ps* I will change my clickbaity title back to something more relevant to what i googled trying to find a solution to this problem so others can find this post in future

On my laptop - Excel works fine. I make my web queries to pull live tables for excel; and it works.

On my desktop - I open that same excel file; On the same version of Office (Hell, same bloody license even); And it gives me so much trouble. It's literally pushing me to that point right now (I am livid because just to get this excel document i've already had to go find my laptop and put its hard drive back to get the file, because apparently my PC's admin account isnt admin enough to copy and paste the file from an external enclosure.

All information shown in the excel documents aren't of any use to anyone besides me.

This is on my desktop - Note all the #Value's. NOT FUNCTIONAL
ZLnkSP4.png

This is the EXACT SAME Unmodified Not changed Literally just copy and pasted over; excel file on my laptop.

FltgPez.png

Ive just reinstalled office for the 3rd time on my desktop trying to fix this. Thats not the problem. 
Please PLEASE help. Before i lose it

It looks like the macro's are being blocked. While Excel normaly warns about that. You can set it to not display that warning. 

Can u go into the Excel trust center and check there?

Are you copying this information off of a subscription based platform?

For e.g. when I import / copy paste stuff from Reuters on to my work desktop - it works fine.

If I open up the file on my personal laptop and copy paste - it does not work. This is since the Reuters plug in is installed on to my desktop.

One option that you could try:

Click on the cell giving the Value error

Data>Edit Link>Break Link

Click on "Break links" to convert to value

9 hours ago, Dujith said:

-snip-

9 hours ago, razaldo said:

-snip-

Hey guys; Thanks for the replies.
I decided something odd before coming back to check the forum replies

I compared the settings of each of the Office installs. What i found was interesting.

The seperators (to say like $5.36 instead of $5,36) for my desktop was " . " for thousands and " , " for tens.
The seperators for my laptop was " , " for the thousands and " . " for the tens. 

My desktops was set to that based on what my windows install on this PC uses; And considering this was a custom build with OEM windows installed, and the laptop being bought new from an importer with windows pre-installed; it would make sense (little odds it being that both would be different) that they were different.

I swapped the comma and the dot separator around on my desktop to match how it is in the laptops install settings; and lo and behold; all the data was there on the next query refresh xD

Now i can finally continue  with trades. I appreciate the help folks.

*ps* I will change my clickbaity title back to something more relevant to what i googled trying to find a solution to this problem so others can find this post in future

Awesome

Sometimes Excel just throws a curve ball that's actually silly but difficult to figure out

Good for you dude

I have been working on Excel for over a decade now and still can't grasp all of its nuances