ISP donated $101 million to Congress

NumLock21

With Net Neutrality about to end soon, some website have already begun to change their front page showing what the internet would look like when Net Neutrality really ends. They urge their viewers to help save the internet by telling their members of Congress. The problem now is, will the peoples voice be heard or fall on deaf ears as ISP had donated so far $101 million dollars to members of Congress, over 2 decades, from 1989 to present day.

The FCC is the current venue for this fight, but Congress will eventually intervene. As telecom expert Susan Crawford argues, the FCC is “being outrageous” to force Congress’ involvement. And both net neutrality advocates and the telecom industry have asked for lawmakers to act. Advocates believe a law will make net neutrality more durable. But ISPs are betting they’ll be able to write the bill — because they’ve paid for the opportunity.

But it’s fair to want to see monetary influence across all of Congress. While it is clear that alignment with the ISPs is currently drawn along party lines, the industry’s attempt to gain favor with lawmakers is not partisan. Entrenched telecommunications companies liberally spread money and attention to everyone who holds office. Sometimes that influence comes in the form of lavish parties with Olympic athletes and lobbyists, but consistently it comes in the form of contributions to campaigns.

isp.JPG.71aca4742d14e34aa3834cf2c9259c01.JPG

isp2.JPG.b2c82e20e96f5446519ff4e171a0a890.JPG

isp3.JPG.6946c94dd818f15233f2c39d8322eedd.JPG

Full list and the article source

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/11/16746230/net-neutrality-fcc-isp-congress-campaign-contribution

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

So... the donation is more of a dowry? In exchange for this coin, I get your daughter? 

Time to annex myself. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

2 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

So... the donation is more of a dowry? In exchange for this coin, I get your daughter? 

Time to annex myself. 

I better not hear about you in the next 'We're going to Hell' segment of The Morning After.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

7 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Time to annex myself. 

Roy Moore approves!

I think you mean donated. By which I mean they bought a politician. The US is really quite corrupt, they just have a different way of going about it. Less open. At least in other nations you know you're getting fucked.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

15.JPG.6c0aa1d09e5336209c052f34308523c3.JPG

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

22 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I think you mean donated. By which I mean they bought a politician. The US is really quite corrupt, they just have a different way of going about it. Less open. At least in other nations you know you're getting fucked.

Just think, Congress is trying to make these donations tax deductible too. What a time to be alive.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

1 minute ago, rawrdaysgoby said:

Looks pretty evenly split between the two parties 

you can't buy laws if you favor one side.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

12 minutes ago, mr moose said:

you can't buy laws if you favor one side.

Well apparently everyone thinks you can cause they all are blaming republicans about Net Nu... and that EVERY isp are supporting them soo....  

16 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

15.JPG.6c0aa1d09e5336209c052f34308523c3.JPG

I wonder how smug Ajit Pai's face looks like after knowing this. Although that $15 donation, he might as well just buy himself something from Chipotle but hey, every dollar counts. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

5 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

I wonder how smug Ajit Pai's face looks like after knowing this. Although that $15 donation, he might as well just buy himself something from Chipotle but hey, every dollar counts. 

is $15 even enough for Chipotle?

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

14 minutes ago, rawrdaysgoby said:

Well apparently everyone thinks you can cause they all are blaming republicans about Net Nu... and that EVERY isp are supporting them soo....  

If the ISP's only pay off one side, then the other side will vote against them.  If they pay off both sides then everyone votes for it.  Regardless of who the media says is responsible.  Besides, it maybe a republican driven thing.  Every party is responsible for these sorts of things at some point in time.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

If the ISP's only pay off one side, then the other side will vote against them.  If they pay off both sides then everyone votes for it.  Regardless of who the media says is responsible.  Besides, it maybe a republican driven thing.  Every party is responsible for these sorts of things at some point in time.

No no it is majority rules currently the rep are the major controlling party in both the house and senate So if you just pay off one side theoretically the isp would have won long ago then again this is over 30 years 

1 hour ago, ARikozuM said:

Time to annex myself. 

good luck, have fun

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

7 minutes ago, rawrdaysgoby said:

No no it is majority rules currently the rep are the major controlling party in both the house and senate So if you just pay off one side theoretically the isp would have won long ago then again this is over 30 years 

If only it worked like that.   In theory yes, in reality no.

EDIT: in theory politicians votes shouldn't be influenced by payments to their war chests.  In theory politicians should be voting on what's best for the people, in theory the people should be able to vote in their president.

38 minutes ago, rawrdaysgoby said:

Depends what the majority vote requirement is and what others want in return for something else, very rarely do bills come up about a single issue without something else attached to it. Then you have the presidential veto power, and the majority vote required to counter that too.

Democratic systems are designed so the ruling majority party doesn't have absolute power/control, it does make it much easier to get the stuff you want do and the way you want it done though.

Meh, I expect nothing less tbh. Here in the UK an MP who was accused of serious sexual misconduct against female workers was just cleared of any wrongdoing by his party. No police investigation, just a he didn't do anything wrong and we're all expected to accept it.

All governments are corrupt.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

Meh, I expect nothing less tbh. Here in the UK an MP who was accused of serious sexual misconduct against female workers was just cleared of any wrongdoing by his party. No police investigation, just a he didn't do anything wrong and we're all expected to accept it.

All governments are corrupt.

No honor among thieves.

Yay, RIP net neutrality... :|

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

And the best part about it is that ISP actually donated money that they acquired from customers whom they are going to screw with this (and get more money).

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

3 hours ago, DoctorWho1975 said:

Roy Moore approves!

Eh, lets not get political... just on a pure fact basis though Roy Moore lost so it's not like the way he was going to vote matters this term.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.7 GHz

GPU: XFX GTS RX580 4GB

Cooling: Corsair h100i

Mobo: Asus z97-A 

RAM: 4x8 GB 1600 MHz Corsair Vengence

PSU: Corsair HX850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Tempered glass edition

Display: LG 29UM68-P

Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK FX RGB

Mouse: Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum

Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX

4 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

Time to annex myself. 

Been saying something like that myself, for a while now.

The federal leviathan is just too big to control anymore and needs to go.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs