Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Epic101

Help me spend $10000!

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello community! :)

I want to get a really good pc that can play games at a high fps!

I just want a pc that's around $10000 that I can spend. I want to play on triple 4k monitors so if you guys can get parts together that I can build, that be great :).

Note that i'm not going for a budget build. 

What I need:

Processor

MotherBoard

Cooling

VideoCard 

Case

Ram

PowerSupply

Sli Bridge 

*If I'm missing anything let me know*

I kinda just want the best of the best parts that's at the market :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

What currency?

There's probably about 12 countries, if not more that use the $.

 

I don't see gaming on surround 4k monitors as worth it. Just get one. You don't need to spend anywhere near $10k. Frankly, it seems trolly, and isn't a smart use of the money.

 

Other than that, welcome to the forum :)


Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

 

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

if you're a troll; please remove yourself from this environment

 

if you're not a troll; you're throwing your money out the window for getting a less practical gaming experience than you could get for less money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, manikyath said:

if you're a troll; please remove yourself from this environment

but... but...

Encourage a friendly atmosphere... Not trying to mini-mod :)

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

if you're not a troll; you're throwing your money out the window for getting a less practical gaming experience than you could get for less money.

True, you could spend 1/10th of that have an ok or at tops 1/2 and get awesome experience.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Triple 4K...

Well, nothing can run that! Maybe 2 titan V's in SLI but 1) that might not fit in your budget (they are 3K a piece) and 2) they might not even support SLI.

 

For now, I would get an ultrawide 144Hz IPS G-sync monitor, imo the best option for gaming, for now. And actually possible to drive properly with hardware that's available!

And as people have said, go nuts on pcpp and see what you end up with, we'll adjust it if necessary :P

 

edit: depending where you live, contact your local pc boutique builder and see what they have to offer for such price. In germany for example it's possible to get highly overclocked systems that are custom modded so only a handful of them are made.

To give you an idea what i mean, something like this: https://www.caseking.de/der8auer-hologramm-intel-i7-8700k-5-1-ghz-2x-gtx-1080-ti-sipc-216.html

Might even be overclocked by der8auer himself, who knows :P

Or something like this (check the cooling :p) https://www.caseking.de/der8auer-aqua-exhalare-i7-7800x-gtx-1080-sipc-208.html


If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, warstm said:

if i had that kinda money this is more or the less the build i would do it minus the fact i would do a custom loop instead but maybe start here if your looking for one
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/7c6QFd

you could pretty much cut that budget to 2/3rd without losing a single frame. which kinda is my opinion as a whole when spending past 3-4000 buckaroo's on a system. at some point all you're adding is streetcred and bling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Triple 4K...

Well, nothing can run that! Maybe 2 titan V's in SLI but 1) that might not fit in your budget (they are 3K a piece) and 2) they might not even support SLI.

 

For now, I would get an ultrawide 144Hz IPS G-sync monitor, imo the best option for gaming, for now. And actually possible to drive properly with hardware that's available!

And as people have said, go nuts on pcpp and see what you end up with, we'll adjust it if necessary :P

this thing ran triple 4K and a ultrawide... https://www.pugetsystems.com/featured/Barnacules-Workstation-137

He did upgrade to dual Titan X Pascals

Link to post
Share on other sites

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RjPm4C
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RjPm4C/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i9-7900X 3.3GHz 10-Core Processor  ($959.89 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Fractal Design - Celsius S36 87.6 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($118.89 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus - ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME EATX LGA2066 Motherboard  ($649.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($1064.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 960 Pro 2TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($1214.99 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Case: Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400S TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case  ($95.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 1600W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($359.89 @ B&H) 
Monitor: Asus - PG27AQ 27.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor  ($899.00 @ B&H) 
Monitor: Asus - PG27AQ 27.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor  ($899.00 @ B&H) 
Monitor: Asus - PG27AQ 27.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor  ($899.00 @ B&H) 
Other: GTX Titan V ($2999.00)
Total: $10160.62
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-12-12 18:09 EST-0500

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Epic101 said:

Snip

If 4k Gaming is your desire, there might be a place for Ryzen. If you're going to game and ONLY game, especially if you intend to game at high refresh rates (not currently possible in 4k with the limited amount of GPU strength on the market) then you get an 8700k. There is no sense in you spending more money on X299/X399 as they perform outright worse in gaming situations than the 8700k (they are more powerful CPU's overall, but their design holds them back slightly when thrown at gaming workloads).

 

But for real. Having an arbitrary marker of 10k to spend and requiring us to get there feels like a troll. 8700k + SLI 1080ti + 1 of NVMe storage, 32GB RAM, and a full custom water cooling loop costs you about half that.... and that's already over the top as it is... but on the chance anyone here actually wants a top-of-the-line overkill gaming system and has the funds for it, this is what you should do: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fnmfJV

 

Those parts are mostly guidelines based on current market prices... and you could save a lot of money by trimming some of the fat off that system. pair it with whatever kind of monitor you wish, likely 4k or ultrawide... but yeah... there is 0 sense in spending any more money than that on a gaming system as your performance only gets worse if you do, or you're just throwing your money away at superfluous things... and that build is pretty over-the-top as it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 hours ago, manikyath said:

if you're a troll; please remove yourself from this environment

 

if you're not a troll; you're throwing your money out the window for getting a less practical gaming experience than you could get for less money.

Im not being a troll is because idk maybe because i want a titan v :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 hours ago, dizmo said:

What currency?

There's probably about 12 countries, if not more that use the $.

 

I don't see gaming on surround 4k monitors as worth it. Just get one. You don't need to spend anywhere near $10k. Frankly, it seems trolly, and isn't a smart use of the money.

 

Other than that, welcome to the forum :)

using usd

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 hours ago, jaysangwan32 said:

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RjPm4C
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RjPm4C/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i9-7900X 3.3GHz 10-Core Processor  ($959.89 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Fractal Design - Celsius S36 87.6 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($118.89 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus - ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME EATX LGA2066 Motherboard  ($649.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($1064.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 960 Pro 2TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($1214.99 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Case: Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400S TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case  ($95.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 1600W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($359.89 @ B&H) 
Monitor: Asus - PG27AQ 27.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor  ($899.00 @ B&H) 
Monitor: Asus - PG27AQ 27.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor  ($899.00 @ B&H) 
Monitor: Asus - PG27AQ 27.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor  ($899.00 @ B&H) 
Other: GTX Titan V ($2999.00)
Total: $10160.62
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-12-12 18:09 EST-0500

Dont include the monitors cause i have them.

I honestly would like to have most likely 2 graphics card but thats just me. What is the difference between Titan x - Titan z - Titan v
i really cant find a different.  I mean titan v already cost $3000 but titan x is legit half the price. Will there be a different performace if i had 2 titan x instead of 1 titan z.

Btw im going for a black and red setup

*if it didnt include monitors*
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4JnTd6
also include the windows 10 home because i kinda want windows 10 :)

also i need wifi to be wireless and I'd like to have an extra storage thats like the ssd but not m.2 style.
this pc build is mostly used for gaming and making videos and streaming

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Epic101 said:

Dont include the monitors cause i have them.

I honestly would like to have most likely 2 graphics card but thats just me. What is the difference between Titan x - Titan z - Titan v
i really cant find a different.  I mean titan v already cost $3000 but titan x is legit half the price. Will there be a different performace if i had 2 titan x instead of 1 titan z.

 

Titan Z- old; don't buy

Titan X- usable but for the price just get Xp because it's newer

Titan V- bleeding edge and only really good for deep learning or flexing on your friends with your dope new gold graphics card

 

Titan Xp- 2 of these and you're set for overkill 

 

If you don't need monitors, add cooling loop, more storage, and upgrade CPU (if you want)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 hours ago, jaysangwan32 said:

Titan Z- old; don't buy

Titan X- usable but for the price just get Xp because it's newer

Titan V- bleeding edge and only really good for deep learning or flexing on your friends with your dope new gold graphics card

 

Titan Xp- 2 of these and you're set for overkill 

 

If you don't need monitors, add cooling loop, more storage, and upgrade CPU (if you want)

Would you mind giving me a new list for the things and include the 2 titan xp to see the price. Give me like what would you have in your $10000 cause i just want to have a beast build for gaming, making videos, and streaming

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Epic101 said:

Would you mind giving me a new list for the things and include the 2 titan xp to see the price. Give me like what would you have in your $10000 cause i just want to have a beast build for gaming, making videos, and streaming

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XKhPtJ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XKhPtJ/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i9-7980XE 2.6GHz 18-Core Processor  ($1971.88 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Motherboard: Asus - ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX EATX LGA2066 Motherboard  ($429.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($1064.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 960 Pro 2TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($1214.99 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Storage: Western Digital - Gold 12TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($419.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Elite (Black) ATX Full Tower Case  ($924.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 1600W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($359.89 @ B&H) 
Other: GTX Titan Xp ($1200.00)
Other: GTX Titan Xp ($1200.00)
Other: Loop ($1176.14)
Total: $9962.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-12-12 19:50 EST-0500

 

Here's what I would do.

Disclaimer: I don't know basically anything about a cooling loop so I set that up in EKWB config. If you're planning on spending this much on a PC, I'd do more research and hand pick each component of the loop. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would much rather spend 3333 dollars 3 different years so that you can get high end performance for 3 different years


 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so besides being ludicrous, this is what I'd do if I was making a build and had a massive budget.

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  ($404.99 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake - Floe Riing RGB 360 TT Premium Edition 42.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($199.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus - ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($264.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3466 Memory  ($449.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($449.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial - MX300 2.0TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($515.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Hitachi - Ultrastar He8 8TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($265.00 @ Amazon)
Storage: Hitachi - Ultrastar He8 8TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($265.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($799.99 @ B&H)
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($799.99 @ B&H)
Case: NZXT - H700i ATX Mid Tower Case  ($199.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - PRIME Platinum 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($229.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $4845.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-12-12 19:59 EST-0500

 

  • The 1080Ti is damn near par with the Titan XP. Within 2% IIRC.
  • More than enough power for overclocking.
  • 1TB for OS/needy programs, 2TB for games, and 8TB (I'd run them in RAID for redundancy) for mass storage.

This is what I'd actually do with the money. I didn't just go pick the highest cost items from each category.

You can of course pick a different case, etc.

I also assumed it'd mostly be gaming since you didn't give us much to go on.

 

 

Here's an over the top white build for something a little different.

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i9-7900X 3.3GHz 10-Core Processor  ($959.89 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake - Floe Riing RGB 360 TT Premium Edition 42.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($199.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X299-DELUXE ATX LGA2066 Motherboard  ($498.32 @ B&H)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($234.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($234.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($234.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($234.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung - 960 Pro 2TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($1214.99 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Storage: Crucial - MX300 2.0TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($515.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Hitachi - Ultrastar He8 8TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($265.00 @ Amazon)
Storage: Hitachi - Ultrastar He8 8TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($265.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 ELITE GAMING WHITE Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($1048.53 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 ELITE GAMING WHITE Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($1048.53 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair - Crystal 570X RGB White ATX Mid Tower Case  ($179.99 @ Corsair)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($279.46 @ B&H)
Total: $7415.65

 

2 hours ago, Ryois said:

but... but...

Encourage a friendly atmosphere... Not trying to mini-mod :)

I'd say trolly posts go against encouraging a friendly atmosphere, wouldn't you? ;)

51 minutes ago, Epic101 said:

Dont include the monitors cause i have them.

I honestly would like to have most likely 2 graphics card but thats just me. What is the difference between Titan x - Titan z - Titan v
i really cant find a different.  I mean titan v already cost $3000 but titan x is legit half the price. Will there be a different performace if i had 2 titan x instead of 1 titan z.

 

Titan Z - Obsolete

Titan X(P) - Newest, 2% faster than a 1080Ti at a 50% price increase

Titan V - Designed for scientific loads etc. Not for gaming, likely not for you

 


Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

 

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

ok so guys
This is what i picked out.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vWdn3F

Kinda need a good cpu cooler so if you can just modify it that be great

also, whats a external storage? do i need it when i got a ssd and hdd?
Also give me a good wireless wifi card cause i cant tell :P
Other then that do i need case fans, fan controller, themeral compound, or a UPS?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i9-7900X 3.3GHz 10-Core Processor  ($959.89 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($147.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X299-DELUXE ATX LGA2066 Motherboard  ($498.32 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3866 Memory  ($599.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 960 Pro 2TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($1214.99 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO 4TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($1545.00 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO 4TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($1545.00 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB K|NGP|N GAMING Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($999.99 @ B&H) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB K|NGP|N GAMING Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($999.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Series Primo Aluminum ATX Full Tower Case  ($259.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - PRIME Platinum 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($229.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $9001.13
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-12-12 21:41 EST-0500


80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 hours ago, brob said:

Yes. They are ssd. No moving parts.

no but like whats the difference between ssd and hdd?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×