Dynamic ip To Staic Numeric IP

iain

I have a Dynamic IP. And BT wont let me have a static ip unless i pay.

i know there are things like dyn dns and no-ip. but is there a service that takes my ip and updates it to another staitc ip that i pay for from another compay. i am dayz server devloper and i need a static ip not in a domain becuse dayz can not resolve hostnames.

Thanks

Iain :)

There is not really a way for this, I'd suggest, pay for the static IP.

Also, for the love of God, please use the default font, this is just terrible!

You really don't have any other way.

Maybe you could try to get a VPS and set it up as a proxy.

VPS usually has static IP. You'll then setup something there to route the connection to a dynamic IP.

Just an idea that came up to me and it seems workable.

Not really sure exactly how to set it up personally.

Have you tried the tools from the guys over at portfoward? When I was running a minecraft server I needed a static IP so I used this to set it from dynamic to static. Super simple to use - only downside is that it comes with some bloatware that you have to download to get the program from the launcher so maybe look for the same program from a mirror that doesn't have the bloatware added, or just uninstall it when done. Anyways I hope this helps because this problem is frustrating. 

Btw: Not sure if what you mean is that your ISP resets your IP if you have changed it to static, but if it is then this won't work. 

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong (quote me so I get notified)

Program: http://portforward.com/help/setup_static_ip_address.htm

Good luck and hope your server is freaking sweet, would love to try it some time :)

If this is a public server i am sure it is against BT's terms of use to be running it, look into getting a business line or possibly co locating your server. 

You can't map your home dynamic IP to a static IP which you then map to your dynamic IP. It's just silly. You're going to have to purchase that static IP at some stage.

Services like DynDNS and No-IP have services which you run that send your current IP to their servers, which update your host name to that IP. They don't supply you a static IP that your dynamic IP then gets all the traffic from.