AMD Adrenalin GPU drivers brings in Mobile App and major improvements to Relive

RagnarokDel

Ryan Shrout from PCPER had an interview with AMD about the new major GPU drivers release: Adrenalin.

Chill

Chill now supports most games instead of being a list of whitelisted games. It also works in Vulkan and all other major API.

LuTApzO.png

XOg3lS9.jpg

I recently upgraded but I sure would have liked Enhanced Sync when I was still using my 7990 :o

Relive

C0jYBkh.png

This is going to be huge for starter streamers. Greenscreen is huge. Never heard of Stage Ten before but I'm going to check it out :o

Gallery is going to be super useful as well

0nPbKld.jpg

Some of the neat features are the ability to export performance metrics to a csv file to make performance benchmark charts, changing Chill settings while in game.

Wattman integration is going to come at a later date to allow overclocking/undervolting while in game. (which seems like it shouldnt work to me but if it does that's great)

Mobile app

There's not really any slide for this one but basically, you'll be able to control, monitor and start recording (kinda like streamdeck) directly from the APP which will connect to your PC via Wifi.

You dont connect through a server which means AMD doesnt have your info.

clryA1Y.pngvTFEpaB.png

Settings Sharing

You'll be able to save your settings/overclock settings and share them with the community.

To get the drivers | Patch Notes

Windows 10 | Windows 7 | Linux | Mobile

I actually would benefit from that app , and i tried installing it. Unfortunately , the app does support android 5.0 . Now i'm rooting my phone and installing a custom rom .

DAMN YOU AMD !

edit: i might have bricked my phone , idk

Edit:fixed

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

yeah like thats what we need right now. they crapped the bed on the last one and now have nothing to show for regarding higher end but hey lets make this app thing thats gonna be buggy as hell and / or offer no real world benefit. i dont need another graph telling me how my gpu is already maxed out. we need better performance not more fancy knobs and dials

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Just now, cluelessgenius said:

yeah like thats what we need right now. they crapped the bed on the last one and now have nothing to show for regarding higher end but hey lets make this app thing thats gonna be buggy as hell and / or offer no real world benefit. i dont need another graph telling me how my gpu is already maxed out. we need better performance not more fancy knobs and dials

I couldnt agree more, I never needed these apps, I just need "optimized" profiles for my games and maybe some decent overclocking features (which we still seem to lack.)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

sure, now if they could make a worthwile GPU as well... :P 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, cj09beira said:

this is the same as in game development, different people for different jobs, the guys working on this things aren't exactly the guys doing game optimizations

There might be some overlap for that. AMD isnt that big but the ones designing GPUs are not the ones making the drivers.

Just now, RagnarokDel said:

There might be some overlap for that. AMD isnt that big but the ones designing GPUs are not the ones making the drivers.

some but certainly not all, as much of this driver is ui work 

4 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

Software people are not the ones making the actual GPU...

yeah but amd deciced to give them the budget for this. hell ill take no controls if it means they can put all that cash into r&d for better performance

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

24 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

Yeah, people just have to complain about something no matter what xD First complaining that drivers are shit, when they're fixed and constantly getting new features complaining about not needing those features... Come on...

25 minutes ago, Levent said:

I couldnt agree more, I never needed these apps, I just need "optimized" profiles for my games and maybe some decent overclocking features (which we still seem to lack.)

Those "optimized" profiles for games are crap, definitely with GFE. It won't run better than if you just set it up yourself properly. You should know capabilities of your hardware best, not your driver's buggy side-app like GeForce Experience...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Just now, Nicnac said:

Forgot to mention the HUGE mining improvements ^^ like it or not...

really? in what exactly

1 minute ago, cj09beira said:

really? in what exactly

Dimitry did a round-up video about the Driver release and mentioned it. I have no exact source.

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

Just now, Nicnac said:

Dimitry did a round-up video about the Driver release and mentioned it. I have no exact source.

gotta check that

brb

39 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

we need better performance not more fancy knobs and dials

You can't have it. Even if AMD released a GPU twice as fast as a 1080ti, you would still have to buy that, being a current AMD GPU owner or not would be irrelevant. The only thing a current owner of AMD GPU can obtain for the sake of being a current owner is driver updates, so...

In fact, I couldn't care less about AMD or Nvidia releasing new GPUs I never intended to buy, both companies have way faster (that is, way mor expensive) cards than what I'll ever buy. I do like the cards I already have to be squeezed an extra ounce of juice for free, though.

I don't even install Relive, though, so of course improvements there are pointless, but to each his own.

8 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Those "optimized" profiles for games are crap, definitely with GFE. It won't run better than if you just set it up yourself properly. You should know capabilities of your hardware best, not your driver's buggy side-app like GeForce Experience...

I don't usually touch those for single GPU usage, but for CrossFireX those profiles are crucial and I'd strongly advice anyone with such a setup using the dedicated CFX profile is available. Night and day difference.

(I think those are separate types of "profiles", though. My point is that they should continue to produce them :P).

2 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Yeah, people just have to complain about something no matter what xD First complaining that drivers are shit, when they're fixed and constantly getting new features complaining about not needing those features... Come on...

listen im not complaining about driver improvements. thats fine but technically shouldnt be neccessary but whatever. im saying they are not in the position to start polishing their crap. ill take raw diamond over polished crap. am i a bit salty ? for sure but come on does anybody really use the crap software they push out? asus aisuite and then logitech whatever they use for their keyboard displays and then msi's gaming app consisting of 3 buttons etc. we have enough software gimmicks to tinker with this was really not what they needed most right now

also your defending amds crappy gimick but hate nvidia crappy gimmick? i agree profile dont work as well as manually setting it up but still

2 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

listen im not complaining about driver improvements. thats fine but technically shouldnt be neccessary but whatever. im saying they are not in the position to start polishing their crap. ill take raw diamond over polished crap. am i a bit salty ? for sure but come on does anybody really use the crap software they push out? asus aisuite and then logitech whatever they use for their keyboard displays and then msi's gaming app consisting of 3 buttons etc. we have enough software gimmicks to tinker with this was really not what they needed most right now

also your defending amds crappy gimick but hate nvidia crappy gimmick? i agree profile dont work as well as manually setting it up but still

The only place AMD doesnt compete is in the High end.

RX 460/560< 1050

RX 470/570 > 1050 TI

Rx 480/580 > 1060

RX Vega 56 > 1070

Rx Vega 56 =< 1070 ti (why do I even exist so close to the 1080)

RX Vega 64 <=1080

all <1080 TI

You cant win in every segment.

2 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

RX 460/560< 1050

RX 470/570 > 1050 TI

Rx 480/580 > 1060

RX Vega 56 > 1070

RX Vega 64 <=1080

all <1080 TI

I agree with this, but the BIG impression people get is Nvidia makes faster cards then AMD, Nvidia cards are faster. to the point were Nvidia is seen to make better cards in general so people think buying a AMD is a bad derision even if at its price the AMD card is better.

Basically Nvidia top tier cards build a better brand image and AMD hasn't been able to break that.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

2 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

RX 460/560< 1050

RX 470/570 > 1050 TI

Rx 480/580 > 1060

RX Vega 56 > 1070

RX Vega 64 <=1080

all <1080 TI

yeah maybe thats part of it. im not some kid playing overwatch/pubg all day. im very casual but when i do game i want my god damn max settings and its supposed to look amazing. im not playing anything competetively at 120hz. i like the asthetic route. and sadly amd cant give me that right now and with the 1080 ti reference designs becoming hard to get i think ill have to wait for ampere