Monitor just stopped working. And some other weird problem (SOLVED)

Di5a5t3r

Hey

So, i just turned on my computer and my right monitor har stopped working. It is showing "Displayport no signal". I have tried the cable on the monitor that is working and its working fine. Also tried DVI cable, but this doesnt work either. 

Some other weird thing, it has reset itself in windows to 60hz. Im trying to change it to 144 hz but im getting this message "

The display control panel can not change display settings. You may not have the administrative privileges required to change these settings" 

BOTH monitors is showing up in Device manager.

I have reinstalled graphics driver, doesnt help.

Solution: Unplugged the powercord for about 1 min. Plugged it back in and everything is working again 

14 minutes ago, Di5a5t3r said:

Hey

So, i just turned on my computer and my right monitor har stopped working. It is showing "Displayport no signal". I have tried the cable on the monitor that is working and its working fine. Also tried DVI cable, but this doesnt work either. 

Some other weird thing, it has reset itself in windows to 60hz. Im trying to change it to 144 hz but im getting this message "

The display control panel can not change display settings. You may not have the administrative privileges required to change these settings" 

BOTH monitors is showing up in Device manager.

I have reinstalled graphics driver, doesnt help.

Try the following 

Run the program (presumably Nvidia control panel) as an admin 

Try making a new account that's a system admin and run the program 

Look for some regedits to grant permission 

Usually when you have admin rights taken from you or you cannot make changes to your own PC  it would usually point to an infected system, as most Malware/Virus usually gives itself admin rights and takes them from you, try running a virus scan 

I know this probably isn't the case but it's worth a go! 

3 minutes ago, JackDoyne said:

Try the following 

Run the program (presumably Nvidia control panel) as an admin 

Try making a new account that's a system admin and run the program 

Look for some regedits to grant permission 

Usually when you have admin rights taken from you or you cannot make changes to your own PC  it would usually point to an infected system, as most Malware/Virus usually gives itself admin rights and takes them from you, try running a virus scan 

I know this probably isn't the case but it's worth a go! 

Okey, so i managed to change from 60 hz to 144 hz in Nvidia control panel. But i still only have one monitor :/ No virus detected with Avast or malwarebytes

Ah right some good progress, doubt it's a virus then 

My advice would be to go the following 

1) download Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) you've already re-installed the display driver but this will get rid of everything 

2) Boot into safe mode and launch DDU and uninstall all the video drivers

3) then re-install the latest drivers and see if it works 

26 minutes ago, JackDoyne said:

Ah right some good progress, doubt it's a virus then 

My advice would be to go the following 

1) download Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) you've already re-installed the display driver but this will get rid of everything 

2) Boot into safe mode and launch DDU and uninstall all the video drivers

3) then re-install the latest drivers and see if it works 

Just tried what you suggested, didnt help. The second monitor kept showing Displayport no signal from time to time when installing drivers. So there is a connection i think, but nothing is showing :/

EDIT: I just noticed something in monitor control panel. Its set to show ONLY on screen 2 which is my main monitor. It should be set to "Extend" right? Always have been, but it reset itself. But when i try to set it to extend i get this "

screen settings can not be saved. Try another combination of screen settings"

I am thinking i am getting this message because of the admin thing "The display control panel can not change display settings. You may not have the administrative privileges required to change these settings" which i wrote in my first post. But i have no idea how to set myself to admin when i am already admin -.-