be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 compatibility

Hi,

I wanted to know, if the be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 is compatible with the Gigabyte Aaorus Z370 Gaming 7 Mainboard?

It is really a beast and I wonder if it fits on the Board.

The things that worry me are marked red.

chrome_2017-12-12_09-03-48.png

And if not, are there any comparable alternatives?

Thanks in advance!

you could use a much smaller air cooler. The one thing I've noticed with air coolers is that increasing the size decreases noise but not necessarily increases cooling performance. Plenty of smaller coolers will perform just as well. 

Yes, its compatible! There shouldnt be any clearance issues, aside from RAM clearance (the height of the heatspreader) and the size of the cooler whether it fits in the case.

4 hours ago, TheBeastPC said:

Yes, its compatible! There shouldnt be any clearance issues, aside from RAM clearance (the height of the heatspreader) and the size of the cooler whether it fits in the case.

I can say my TridentZ fits under my DR3, so unless OP is going for Dominatir Platinums, or for example some of the more elaborate G.Skill sets, they should be fine.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

On 12/12/2017 at 9:19 PM, emosun said:

you could use a much smaller air cooler. The one thing I've noticed with air coolers is that increasing the size decreases noise but not necessarily increases cooling performance. Plenty of smaller coolers will perform just as well. 

larger air cooler = more surface area = more heat dissipation = less airflow needed = lower fan rpm = less noise

a larger cooler can dissipate much more heat at the same fan rpm as a small cooler.