method/program for searching text in jpg files

hello,

i have a folder of 5,500 tables and graphs as jpg files and i want to be able to search for specific tables/graphs by word. 

so far using the search function for windows explorer is not working 

i found that inserting the images into OneNote did allow me to search the images by text - however is not a practical way of proceeding because there are so many files and it takes very long to load

is there another way i can say e.g. type in some text using a specific method/program and have all the tables and graphs with those words show up?

thanks in advance

how about merging all 5500 images in Adobe Acrobat and letting OCR do its thing? Not sure if this is better or worse than the onenote solution ahaha

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

23 minutes ago, Hotdogs&bbqsauce said:

hello,

i have a folder of 5,500 tables and graphs as jpg files and i want to be able to search for specific tables/graphs by word. 

so far using the search function for windows explorer is not working 

i found that inserting the images into OneNote did allow me to search the images by text - however is not a practical way of proceeding because there are so many files and it takes very long to load

is there another way i can say e.g. type in some text using a specific method/program and have all the tables and graphs with those words show up?

thanks in advance

Notepad++ or UltraEdit have a find in files function that works really great and fast.

Desktop

CPUi5-6600K MotherboardGigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P CPU Cooler: Thermalright True Spirit 120M Black/white RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz GPU: Gigabyte 1070 HDDs: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM  SSDSamsung EVO 850 500GB PSU: Coolermaster 550W 80+ Gold Case: NZXT S340 (White) with a white led strip ;)

Laptops

Dell 7577

CPUi7 7700HQ RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz GPU: GTX1060 Max-q HDD: 1TB 5400 RPM  SSDNVMe 512GB SCREEN: 4k IPS 15.6"

Macbook pro 2018

CPUi7 RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz GPU: Radeon Pro 555X 4GB Storage256GB SCREEN: 15"

45 minutes ago, EG! said:

Notepad++ or UltraEdit have a find in files function that works really great and fast.

thanks for that suggestion. i tried both programs and they both dont seem to detect key words like it does in OneNote (they skip over images with the word i am looking for - but the text in those images can be searched in oneNote)