My eyes have been hurting lately

zindan

Acer 27" Predator LED G-Sync XB271HU

I got this monitor 2-3 months ago and I think my eyesight has gotten worse by it. Sometimes when i'm reading black text with white background its really hard to focus and my eyes kinda hurt it feels as if someone is like using their thumbs to press your eyes back in to the eye socket. Sometimes it feels more than other times.  Iv'e never had a "see"/eye issue before but after this monitor it has started. Perhaps it's not because of the monitor but just that my eyesight is getting worse. (I'm 21)   

Does anyone know a setting or something for this monitor to make it more "eye comfortable" ? Or has anyone heard about this before?   Perhaps this resolution is just really bad for me and I should go with a 4k instead for more eye relaxation, not having to focus to much ? What do you think ?

You could try installing flux, I keep it on auto which only turns it on at sunset through sunrise, although if it helps you could keep it on all the time

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

I don't know how bright it is but try turning down the brightness, I personally keep mine at minimum or near it. I doubt the resolution is the cause unless you're noticeably straining to read text.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

1 minute ago, bomberblyat said:

Try keep your room lights on, and your eyes might be just not used to new screen,try flux

Just now, Ginger137 said:

You could try installing flux, I keep it on auto which only turns it on at sunset through sunrise, although if it helps you could keep it on all the time

I'l check it out. It's like whenever I try to read contents with much text it's as if I need to focus extra otherwise the letters are just dancing around all over the screen and I'm unable to see. It's extremely hard to read on this monitor. 

1 minute ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

I don't know how bright it is but try turning down the brightness, I personally keep mine at minimum or near it. I doubt the resolution is the cause unless you're noticeably straining to read text.

Do you mean that if I have difficulties reading texts? Oh my god, I dropped the brightness to bottom and it feels slightly bettter actually. Damn, That was probably it. 

Just now, zindan said:

Do you mean that if I have difficulties reading texts? Oh my god, I dropped the brightness to bottom and it feels slightly bettter actually. Damn, That was probably it. 

Yeah reading text. Someone else mentioned the program f.lux as well which helps with blue light levels (blue light is a big eye strain).

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Ths flux thing just turned my screen orange? o.O   So like reading text when its bright is hard ? 

well blue light tricks your brain into thinking it's not tired. it puts a lot of undue strain on your eyes and you not know it.

all my monitors are set to eye relief settings.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Just now, knightslugger said:

well blue light tricks your brain into thinking it's not tired. 

Oh shit what on earth. 

Well flux kinda makes it look ugly but I'l be honest I'm feeling like a 20% improvement or something like that. 

Also, if you haven't switched over to the "night theme 2.1" here on linus tech tips forum I'd definitely give that a go. Other apps such as discord have dark themes and so does windows settings.

Keep a dark-ish background picture for your desktop and I also hated the look of flux, I ended up uninstalling it but as others have stated, if your screen is very bright but your room is dark, you need to turn your lights on. If your lights are off then make sure to turn the brightness of your screen down.

1 minute ago, NinJake said:

Also, if you haven't switched over to the "night theme 2.1" here on linus tech tips forum I'd definitely give that a go. Other apps such as discord have dark themes and so does windows settings.

Keep a dark-ish background picture for your desktop and I also hated the look of flux, I ended up uninstalling it but as others have stated, if your screen is very bright but your room is dark, you need to turn your lights on. If your lights are off then make sure to turn the brightness of your screen down.

I'l need to buy a bright lamp in my room.  No idea how to enable the night theme, also please tell me how to do it on windows ? :)

Yeah your brightness was way too high. Mines at 17 and I also have a setting on my monitor to lower blue light. Something else I noticed was that watching lots of Youtube videos with bright white backgrounds would hurt my eyes.

5 minutes ago, zindan said:

I'l need to buy a bright lamp in my room.  No idea how to enable the night theme, also please tell me how to do it on windows ? :)

Bottom of page

038b487529.png

Windows 10: 0f7b3eb997.png

Just now, DeadEyePsycho said:

Bottom of page

038b487529.png

How do I enable that ?

Just now, zindan said:

How do I enable that ?

Click it "Theme"

Just now, zindan said:

How do I enable that ?

click on 'theme', then select dark

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Just now, DeadEyePsycho said:

Windows 10: 0f7b3eb997.png

It won't let me edit from light to dark ?? It's like unclickable. 

2 minutes ago, zindan said:

Oh... I need to activate windows first... Well well 

Hopefully you at least got LTT forums to night mode. You can also click your "zindan" drop down at the top right, in the menu there is a "theme" box as well.