My computer will power on/off repeatedly

My computer was having an issue where it will turn on & off every 3 seconds non stop. i know it’s not my power supply because I went for an overkill PSU. I have checked all my outlets, checked for loose connections, nothing.I read where it might be an issue with my ram, so I switched the ram in different slots. I have 16Gbs of ram and took one out and only left one 8gb and It booted up and didn’t turn off but it took me to a blue screen with a bunch of different options, I hit continue to Windows Recovery Enviroment but it’s like it’s in a loop. When I press into windows recovery environment it reboots & then takes me back to the same screen. Please help, thank you so much!  

26 minutes ago, Gaines24 said:

My computer was having an issue where it will turn on & off every 3 seconds non stop. i know it’s not my power supply because I went for an overkill PSU. I have checked all my outlets, checked for loose connections, nothing.I read where it might be an issue with my ram, so I switched the ram in different slots. I have 16Gbs of ram and took one out and only left one 8gb and It booted up and didn’t turn off but it took me to a blue screen with a bunch of different options, I hit continue to Windows Recovery Enviroment but it’s like it’s in a loop. When I press into windows recovery environment it reboots & then takes me back to the same screen. Please help, thank you so 

Try just using the other stick of RAM and see if that changes anything?

EDIT:

Also, how old is the PC? Is it a new build or has it been stable for a while?

Did you make any upgrades?

If you have another PC then put memtest86 onto a live USB and try running that, see if there's any errors on your RAM.

Is there not the option to "Exit and windows 10" without going into recovery?

CPU: R5 3600 @ 4.4 GHz

RAM: 16GB DDR4 @ 3200 MHz

GPU: RTX 2080 Super 

See if it's stable powered up without the HDD connected. Providing you've changed nothing else.

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...

9 hours ago, James7176 said:

Try just using the other stick of RAM and see if that changes anything?

EDIT:

Also, how old is the PC? Is it a new build or has it been stable for a while?

Did you make any upgrades?

If you have another PC then put memtest86 onto a live USB and try running that, see if there's any errors on your RAM.

Is there not the option to "Exit and windows 10" without going into recovery?

Yes it’s been stable for a long time, it only now started doing this recently. There’s no option to exit. When I press exit and leave windows recovery mode it takes me back to the same screen. 

7208F720-03FB-48F1-AE10-AC1C358BF1A9.jpeg