CPUTIN 'max' exceeds 100C but 'value' never goes beyond 60C??

CashOut

Hi,

Just assembled a new setup, and wanted to stress test the CPU.

I'm using Prime98 and monitoring the temps in Hardware Monitor CPUID

Looking at CPUTIN, the current value looks good, but the max value if off the charts! And strangely before running the test, the 'max' value was 80C - as the test progressed the 'max' value kept rising even though the current value was never even close to 80C?? Does anyone have any insight into what could be happening?

The attached picture is taken 20 minutes into the 'blend' test in Prime98

HW
CPU: I7-7700K

Cooler: thermalright macho rev.b

Motherboard: msi krait gaming b250

Udklip.PNG

You're missing a few temperature sensors there. CPUTIN isn't enough to go on. Is HWMonitor up to date? You could try Aida64 or Coretemp to get readings per core. They should be there to be honest. Works fine on my R7 1700.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Ahh okay. Tried with Core Temp - it looks better there :)

Still, the 113C for the max CPUTIN while the current value never exceeds 60C is confusing me. What is happening there?

Udklip.PNG

23 hours ago, CashOut said:

Ahh okay. Tried with Core Temp - it looks better there :)

Still, the 113C for the max CPUTIN while the current value never exceeds 60C is confusing me. What is happening there?

Udklip.PNG

You are still missing CPU temp sensors completely in HWMonitor. What you have are motherboard sensors. Those aren't as accurate and it's rather common that they show false or bugged readings. If not being completely broken. Like if you compare Coretemp readings to CPUTIN, there's 20C difference.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

20 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

You are still missing CPU temp sensors completely in HWMonitor. What you have are motherboard sensors. Those aren't as accurate and it's rather common that they show false or bugged readings. If not being completely broken. Like if you compare Coretemp readings to CPUTIN, there's 20C difference.

basically this.

here's mine and what it should look like

3WLsZIQ.png

As you can see there are CPU temps separate from the motherboard. one of my temp sensors reads 121c at all times forever, this basically means nothing. no idea why your CPU isn't being detected in HWMonitor. do you have the most recent version?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒