Oled vs Qled 4k vs Full HD........

cedge206

In the market for a new tv and dunno what to look for. Looking around thinking 4k but thats where I freeze. What are better samsung qled, sony oled, LG oled. Use mainly for movies watching sports and occasional gaming. Budget around $1500AUD-$2000AUD so looking for something around that price mark that will give best picture quality smart 4k tv 50" to 60". Anything coming out soon that will put these to shame? Oled do seem way more expensive than Qled.

Oled is superior in many ways compared to Qled or 4k LED in general.

U will have a richer black,massive contrast ratio,faster response time,and better looking color.

Thats why they are so expensive.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

20 minutes ago, Nik Balor said:

i think you should go with LG 55UH8500 . it has everything you might need whether color quality 4K HDR , 3D , 240 HZ refresh rate and it suits your budget. check it out http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-55UH8500-4k-uhd-tv

Its worth noting that the effective refresh rate is 240Hz.the actual refresh rate will be 60Hz. The effective refresh rate is basically just marketing BS, like most specs on displays 

Keep in mind that OLEDs will also have a shorter lifespan, and the pixels will wear out quickly compared to other display technologies such as LCD.  So, say if you watch a lot of Sportsnet, the score animation chart thing will be visible when playing other content or during intro animations and stuff like that.  So keep that in mind if you would be pissed off by this.

1 hour ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Its worth noting that the effective refresh rate is 240Hz.the actual refresh rate will be 60Hz. The effective refresh rate is basically just marketing BS, like most specs on displays 

but i guess you can notice the difference in gaming ?! or will it be the same 60hz !? cuz i have a friend that own an LG tv and plays on 120hz ?!!

3 hours ago, Nik Balor said:

but i guess you can notice the difference in gaming ?! or will it be the same 60hz !? cuz i have a friend that own an LG tv and plays on 120hz ?!!

If you enable a game mode or something similar on a TV, it generally turns off all of the stuff that makes the effective refresh rate. 

It's still 60Hz, the panel refreshes 60 times a second, it physically cannot display more frames per second than 60. The 240Hz "effective" refresh rate comes from things like post-processing motion blur and backlight strobing. These can be good for movies, sports on TV and such, but for something where you're actually controlling what's going on, it's not good. It generally creates a significant amount of input delay, which is why the post processing is turned off in game mode. 

If it's a TV, it's highly unlikely that it's actually 120Hz. If it's an LG monitor, it could be, but televisions are basically always 60Hz or lower.

7 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

If it's a TV, it's highly unlikely that it's actually 120Hz. If it's an LG monitor, it could be, but televisions are basically always 60Hz or lower.

There are modern TVs that do accept 120Hz input, normally at a reduced resolution (say 1080p instead of the panel's native 2160p).