Razer launched "Gaming" oriented WiFi Router

Ethan.

A razer product that doesn't have a cringy gamer-y design? Holy shit.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

13 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

I mean I am glad people here are judging its performance on looks. Because we all know router performance is based on looks right? 

i would judge it based on performance, but its going to perform exactly the same as literally every other AC2400 router with QoS support on the market. not to mention, the "tech specs" on the page, are basically worthless

the only thing that makes it special is that its sold by razer and looks like a tic-tac. so thats what we will judge it on

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

It will probably cut and drop out regularly and have mediocre WiFi range and is very susceptible to walls and 2.4GHz signals... 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

8 hours ago, Tsuki said:

but its going to perform exactly the same as literally every other AC2400 router with QoS support

Ok....but why does every other router with the same performance get off easily? Asus and netgear advertise gaming just as much but they dont get shit over it. And why does the "tech specs" mean anything to any brand of router? They can get technical all they want, 99% of the people dont give a shit about them. 

No matter what router or "GAMING ROUTER!!!!" you buy, theyll all perform similarly. 

7 hours ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

It will probably cut and drop out regularly and have mediocre WiFi range and is very susceptible to walls and 2.4GHz signals... 

100% useless post of the day. Not relevant to anything. 

how is that razer if it doesn't look like a stealth bomber with green tron lights.

10 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

It’s a router....

You haven’t experienced cut outs or 2.4GHz interference with a router?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Just now, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

It’s a router....

You haven’t experienced cut outs or 2.4GHz interference with a router?

No because I am on 5ghz.... 2.4ghz has a limitation no matter what router you use. Period. All routers on 2.4 experience drops and interference. 

20 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

No because I am on 5ghz.... 2.4ghz has a limitation no matter what router you use. Period. All routers on 2.4 experience drops and interference. 

True but if you haven’t realized, that’s a jab at Razer for their subpar quality as of late

Just now, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

True but if you haven’t realized, that’s a jab at Razer for their subpar quality as of late

You mean your taking a jab at Razor for poor hardware quality and your jab is more about software?

Just now, mynameisjuan said:

You mean your taking a jab at Razor for poor hardware quality and your jab is more about software?

Their software has been subpar too. 

3 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Their software has been subpar too. 

ok....

No matter how amazing the router would be, 2.4 will have drops and interference. 

16 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

ok....

No matter how amazing the router would be, 2.4 will have drops and interference. 

I've experienced drops and issues on 5GHz with some lower-end routers as well.

I really doubt a Razer router will deliver an experience any better than an AC68U...

1 minute ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

I've experienced drops and issues on 5GHz with some lower-end routers as well.

I really doubt a Razer router will deliver an experience any better than an AC68U...

Highly doubt the drops are due to the router. I mean you can keep throwing excuses out but seeing how I deploy a multitude of APs and troubleshoot them, because its my job....its almost never the routers fault. 

Just now, mynameisjuan said:

Highly doubt the drops are due to the router. I mean you can keep throwing excuses out but seeing how I deploy a multitude of APs and troubleshoot them, because its my job....its almost never the routers fault. 

Idk either but I felt the AC68U did a better job of all I tried.

doesn't Asus do this too?

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

11 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

Ok....but why does every other router with the same performance get off easily? Asus and netgear advertise gaming just as much but they dont get shit over it. And why does the "tech specs" mean anything to any brand of router? They can get technical all they want, 99% of the people dont give a shit about them. 

No matter what router or "GAMING ROUTER!!!!" you buy, theyll all perform similarly. 

the only reason other routers get off easy is cuz they are actually router manufacturers and theyve been doing it for years.

that being said, i've been giving netgear shit ever since their lineup started looking like a beetle.

razer is only getting shit cuz they dont make routers, they make peripherals, and its a stupid idea to expand into this market when its being done by better companies, that have been doing it far longer.

and tech specs means everything when you are trying to compare 2 routers.  when i look at specs on a router, i should be able to discern how many users i can have before throttling, i should be able to know range, i should be able to know security, and i should be able to tell how much interference i'll see caused by other devices in the area.   tech specs tell us all of this.    and razers router has nothing.

ZeroWait ZWDFS technology for lag-free gaming and streaming - zwdfs is a proprietary acronym not used by anybody else and thus means nothing

Dual-band ultra-fast speed (AC2400 Wave-2) - cool, now we know it has 2 bands, what speed are they at?

Improved signal, reception and mesh network coverage - improved compare to what? and how many need to be meshed in order to get that claimed improved coverage?

Highly secure and private - how?

App for iOS and Android - yay?

Exclusive features

iOS and Android App - still not exciting considering the quality of their other software

4 Certified DFS FastLanes™ - this means QoS support, like everybody else.

Multi-User MIMO for faster streaming and gaming - everything has this. it has multiple antennas that allow it to transfer data both ways, allowing for faster speeds.  this is industry standard

Connect up to 2 Portal WiFi Routers for range up to 6,000 sq. ft. - it has bridge mode.

what about the ethernet ports? are they gigabit, are they 10/100?

without tech specs that actually have numbers, what they listed means absolutely nothing.  why am i going to spend $150 for a router, when i can spend $80 and get something that has actual quantitative specs, made by a reputable company that has been doing it for years.

in the end it wont even matter. people who have no idea what they are doing will go "OH SHIT IT SAYS GAMING AND ITS MADE BY RAZER I NEED IT"  and then wonder why they are getting slower speeds that before

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Agree that the white is Ugly, but man I'd rather have that sitting on a shelf then this... 

61z5Z5SVcbL._SL1350_.jpg.812fd315de17a2b381aa3a5bc5c67954.jpg

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

52 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Am I the only one who likes the way it looks?

Yes.

Just now, Not_Sean said:

Agree that the white is Ugly, but man I'd rather have that sitting on a shelf then this... 

I'd rather have that Netgear upside down on a shelf.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

I'd rather have that Netgear upside down on a shelf.

that'll look even weirder like the shelf is broken on the bottom with bits hanging off. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Just now, Not_Sean said:

that'll look even weirder like the shelf is broken on the bottom with bits hanging off. 

I meant it standing on the antennae.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

58 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

I meant it standing on the antennae.

that could work but then you'll see all the barcodes and warranty stickers. 

For that, I'd rather get a black portal and it can look like an art rock or some hippie crap on the shelf. 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

17 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

that could work but then you'll see all the barcodes and warranty stickers. 

For that, I'd rather get a black portal and it can look like an art rock or some hippie crap on the shelf. 

Either

A) Sharpie

B) Cute cosmetic mod that makes the router look like a kawaii pill bug.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 hour ago, Not_Sean said:

61z5Z5SVcbL._SL1350_.jpg.812fd315de17a2b381aa3a5bc5c67954.jpg

Hey I like that look!

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!