Laptop mx150 i5-8250U

Kayon

Just sold my desktop computer so I could buy a laptop, and I find this laptop on sale right now and it looks really good. I'm just not sure whether or not it's right for me and I need your opinion.
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/acer-aspire-5-15-6-laptop-black-intel-core-i5-8250u-256gb-ssd-8gb-ram-windows-10/11624440.aspx?
Would this laptop be able to run games like Dota 2, Csgo, pubg, shadow of mordor, overwatch, etc?
One thing that sort of alarmed me was the 1.6ghz cpu, not too knowledgable when it comes to computers, but that seems very low compared to other chips in this price range..

sold pc to buy gaming laptop? I don´t think that was a good idea

you won't enjoy playing games with that laptop

9 minutes ago, Kayon said:

Just sold my desktop computer so I could buy a laptop, and I find this laptop on sale right now and it looks really good. I'm just not sure whether or not it's right for me and I need your opinion.
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/acer-aspire-5-15-6-laptop-black-intel-core-i5-8250u-256gb-ssd-8gb-ram-windows-10/11624440.aspx?
Would this laptop be able to run games like Dota 2, Csgo, pubg, shadow of mordor, overwatch, etc?
One thing that sort of alarmed me was the 1.6ghz cpu, not too knowledgable when it comes to computers, but that seems very low compared to other chips in this price range..

DOTA2 yes, CS:GO yes, Shadows of Mordor not a damn chance in hell, Overwatch yes.

The MX 150 is the laptop version of the GT 1030, if that gives you a frame of reference. In terms of performance, it slots in around the original GTX 750 (not the Ti).

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Hypnotoad's RAM is dying, his motherboard is acting like the 6-year-old AsRock it is, a couple of SATA ports have just stopped working, but the RGB remains. The RGB always remains. Hypnotoad lives. All glory to the Hypnotoad.

2 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Any laptop with a gtx 1050 is what you need :)

yeah but this one is $800 CAD
whereas I'd be going for a $1200 CAD+ laptop for a 1050ti that most likely has a HDD instead of an ssd and a 7th generation processor

7 minutes ago, Kayon said:

yeah but this one is $800 CAD
whereas I'd be going for a $1200 CAD+ laptop for a 1050ti that most likely has a HDD instead of an ssd and a 7th generation processor

mx150 is turd, you wont be able to game off it.

The MX150 will let you play some games. I have it and I can run GTA V pretty well.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

15 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

mx150 is turd, you wont be able to game off it.

11 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

The MX150 will let you play some games. I have it and I can run GTA V pretty well.

I have an MX150 in my laptop, and it's actually quite decent compared to it's 25W TDP and low performance.

Rocket league can run at max settings at 55ish FPS (so close to 60....)

Battlefield 1 can run at 45ish FPS on medium/low

Wolfenstein 2 is at a cool 50-60ish on medium

games definitely can run well on this thing -- just not at anything over 1080p, and at medium/low settings, at sub-60 FPS.

not a great gaming experience, but definitely playable (especially for me, since I can barely distinguish between 40 and 60FPS, let alone 60 and 144)

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4