Primochill Vue Settling & Clogging my tubes, reservoir & CPU/GPU blocks

On 12/11/2017 at 3:38 AM, Boodaddy said:

Recently dealt with somebody with very similar issues, It would seem the damage is largely cosmetic and can be cleaned with plastx for the acrylic and chrome polish for any nickel plated blocks. The tubes are probably just worth binning and re-bending.

Radiator can be cleaned using plenty of hot tap water followed by distilled, but you may consider doing a blitz part 1 as well. See this thread for more pictures and details.

On 2017-12-11 at 4:03 AM, Boodaddy said:

I used Mayhems White Pastel

well theres your problem, VUE is super not compatible with Mayhems Pastel so thats probably it. some of the nano particles probably stuck around and seeing as they are nano particles its almost impossible to get them all out :( i was going to get Yellow VUE for Northern Bee untill i saw the warning on their site...

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

15 hours ago, For Science! said:

Recently dealt with somebody with very similar issues, It would seem the damage is largely cosmetic and can be cleaned with plastx for the acrylic and chrome polish for any nickel plated blocks. The tubes are probably just worth binning and re-bending.

Radiator can be cleaned using plenty of hot tap water followed by distilled, but you may consider doing a blitz part 1 as well. See this thread for more pictures and details.

Really appreciate your help Science. It is very much appreciated. I checked out the post you linked. Very helpful info in there. I'll be getting some of the polish & Plastx you mentioned. I also found some replacement O-rings for my GPU seeing how the other user is expierencing the same issue.  Found them for $3 something. If I order from EK they want $40 bucks shipping for a $5 buck order to the US lol. Good thing Performance PC has them. I will be getting Blitz as well. (Out of stock currently) might check Ebay.

13 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

well theres your problem, VUE is super not compatible with Mayhems Pastel so thats probably it. some of the nano particles probably stuck around and seeing as they are nano particles its almost impossible to get them all out :( i was going to get Yellow VUE for Northern Bee untill i saw the warning on their site...

Yea they keep adding to the crazy list of requirements. Bunch of hoops you have to jump through to use this fluid. When I ordered this fluid, there were no mentions of Mayhems Pastel, or Mayhems causing an issue. I pre-ordered it the first week they started taking orders. That was another requirement they added later after users complained.

Next they will require DNA, Fingerprint, and Stool sample to be able to use this fluid :)

• 3 weeks later...

(Update 3/21/18 Pics Attached) Well this will be my last update on the Primochill Vue failure. It took about 8 hours to clean everything up. It wasn't difficult getting all the hardened/built up fluid to come off. I ran everything under hot water, and it came right off with a few rinses.

The tubes looked new after I ran some hot water through them. I then covered both ends, and sloshed them around a bit, rinsed, repeat etc... The blocks were completely covered in the crap. Every channel was pretty much blocked. All the fittings, and flow holes had hardened fluid in them. 

The blocks came out looking new. I ordered the last three o-ring/seals for my GPU block that Performance-PCS had in stock, so I am good there for a while. I totally forgot to take after pics for the blocks, and tubes, but they came out great.

The $.99 cent Mayhems fluid worked out great for now until I order the new stuff. I will do another clean with Blitz before I add that as well. 

I wanted to thank all you guys for your help, and suggestions. They all worked out super nice. 

P.S. (Almost slipped my mind, but make sure your alignment marks match when you put the pump back together)

Thanks Again Guys!
God Bless!!!

(Pics Below)

xwsKbL6.jpg

gEIlrv1.jpg

KBRG5Ky.jpg

BicQKBK.jpg

K8IeEbY.jpg

eyvKfhh.jpg

lNqVXwA.jpg

Z3jDB9O.jpg

oT5wnrf.jpg

ES9EzqL.jpg

37oR4gD.jpg

1LiKDWu.jpg

qBY8Q4T.jpg

O4ndrP1.jpg

AuyRVof.jpg

pzvI1BE.jpg

4B3udqa.jpg

b1GsapQ.jpg

05N0AxD.jpg

great setup.. i have the same case, EKWB on GPU's and same radiator.

did a fair amount of research after i bought VUE, thankfully in Australia they had it preordered for 3 months.

I read a fair amount of posts just before xmas on how bad it was with existing components that had Mayhems Pastel in it.

I use Mayhems Pastel already, even with a blitz clean, people still report having issues and they cleaned every piece inside and out.

must be some seriously sensitive fluid, but then i read on the OC forums that, completely new all parts system with an Monsta radiator like mine same as yours.

Apparently even with a bliz 1 clean on it still makes the fluid go to crap.

I found 4 other vue posts same thing Monsta Alphacool radiators are a no go with this fluid.

I cancelled my order before it was out of preorder.

That being said ive ran Aurora2 from Mayhems 24x7 with the pump set on the highest setting.

It was fine for 5 months it fell out slowly a little lighter each month, but cleaned it out a 8 months later its fine.

Back to Mayhems Pastel for the last few months but Aurora 3 is coming out soon i'd wait for that its less conditions than Vue at least you can leave the system on.

That whole thing about Vue can't be left on more than 8 hours a day just sounded odd in itself.

Nice build mate.

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

How many times do they have to tell everyone that it is for show only and not to be used long term. It's written on every bottle as well.. If you are going to use it in your system for any length of time you need to flush and check the system every 3 to 4 weeks. No real issue with using it long term, just have to up the maintenance game.. Like a pretty woman, stuff like that is usually high maintenance.

Passmark 4507

Time Spy   3837

Fire Strike   11287

13 minutes ago, billstelling said:

How many times do they have to tell everyone that it is for show only and not to be used long term. It's written on every bottle as well.. If you are going to use it in your system for any length of time you need to flush and check the system every 3 to 4 weeks. No real issue with using it long term, just have to up the maintenance game.. Like a pretty woman, stuff like that is usually high maintenance.

Vue doesn't say its for show at all ?

Aurora 1 was for show, but Aurora 2 is not and works fine.

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

Helpful Vue facts & Full Disclosure

THE TRUTH BEHIND PRIMOCHILL VUE

Vue is a great product with an incredible appearance but there are some things you should be aware of before using Vue. Most importantly it that it has this great (or not so great) ability to find debris in a system. Once it finds the debris, it likes to stick to it and likes to build up. Jaytwocents had so much success with his Vue because he has taken such good care of his waterblocks as well as the other cooling components. He cleans them out by hand between each loop and tears them apart looking for any issues whether it is oil or whatever other debris may be left behind. That is why it is SO important to have a spotless system when using Vue. 

Adding Vue to the system also requires more work than just pouring it in, but a spotless loop is by far the most critical. We will discuss this a little later on.

Will you get build up? Hard to say as we do not know how well your system is maintained and what was ran through the system prior, or what manufacturing residue could have been left over. One thing we have recently determined is that CyroFuel is leaving a residue behind that cannot be cleaned with normal flushing. What else we know is that spotless loops have zero issues running Vue perfectly.

We want you to enjoy Vue and be set up for success so we are providing full disclosure on what we have found.

Why is Vue coolant not for me?

• I want a simple maintenance free loop
  • I'm a First-time watercooler
  • My PC is always on and I don't put it to sleep or turn it off ever. 
  • I don’t have time to watch system for issues
  • I have aluminum water cooling components

WHY IS VUE COOLANT FOR ME?

• I'm an Experienced Water Cooler
  • I Can trouble shoot issues and find solutions
  • I'm okay with opening blocks for cleaning
  • I'm okay with rebuilding loops after issues
  • I Use my pc for 6-8 hours a day

As well as much more listed below this on their page about different products and compatability. There is a lot more to read..

Passmark 4507

Time Spy   3837

Fire Strike   11287

That is one post, jay has posted a few days ago about all the crud in his loop.

the copper on one his radiator plugs he thinks is the cause.

ive taken apart my blocks before to clean out Aurora it’s not gunked up just part of yearly cleaning.

vue are making changes to the fluid apparently, I’ll wait for vue 2, maybe it will be more compatible.

mayhems has less issues but has been around longer.

the cpu jet plate they recommend removing for aurora 2 so the particles stay in shape. That’s not on vue maybe that will make a difference.

https://youtu.be/c0_WAbbgNGE

STORAGE 

On 3/24/2018 at 8:05 AM, billstelling said:

My bottles have noting on them at all about short term/long term, or for it being for show only. Like I mentioned in earlier posts when Vue came out they didn't say any of the stuff they are saying now in requirements etc...When I first purchased mine, there were also zero mentions of it not being compatible with Mayhems as well which is why I purchased it. All of that stuff was later added because of all the complaints they had.

On 3/24/2018 at 7:55 AM, Maticks said:

Back to Mayhems Pastel for the last few months but Aurora 3 is coming out soon i'd wait for that its less conditions than Vue at least you can leave the system on.

That whole thing about Vue can't be left on more than 8 hours a day just sounded odd in itself.

Nice build mate.

Appreciate that man. It was a fun build to work on. Yea I'm very interested in trying Aurora 3 when it comes out. The 6-8 hours debacle was super stupid lol. I don't think they were expecting this many fails in systems. It made them look bad because it was marketed as an everyday fluid when it first came out as well.

One of the biggest selling points was (It won't settle) which is another reason I wanted it. I wish them the best, and hope they can fix the issue soon. I probably could have gotten them to credit me, or send different fluid, but I went with what worked for me which was Mayhems Pastel.

Thanks for that video link to Jay with his Vue issues. Watching it now. Ironic, because it was his earlier Vue video that made me purchase it lol

Thanks Again!
God Bless!!

Same for me I rushed out and preordered vue after seeing jays video. Then thought I'd google a month into my preorder. Saw a heap of issues. Cancelled my preorder your right it was marketed as aurora for your 24x7 system no fall out. How quick that changed. I throw some aurora 2 silver booster in my pastel. I know it will fall out but it just sits in dead zones. I get it out with my yearly flush of my loop. It's pretty it doesn't gunk up. I have noticed that aurora 2 booster is selling out and discounted here in au from 15 a bottle down to 6. Aurora 3 is coming soon it seems... Maybe smaller particles or different suspension they've been working on aurora 3 since 2016. Fingers crossed. Mayhems doesn't seem to react to my system I think I'll be sticking with them. Tearing down blocks is painful. 

STORAGE 

watch one of jays more recent videos.  Vue fucked his loop, and now they say its not supposed to be run for more than like 12 hours.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

primochill released it in November from memory in the US, it had a condition or two in regards to not mixing metals.

sometime in December they added in the whole you can't run it for more than 8 hours a day. but even Jay who was sent the trial fluid before it came out said it was going in his video rending rig. which he always says stays on. so he didn't even know that.

The conditions list keeps growing on their website, there is some chemical in pastel that stays behind in the system that causes the vue liquid to react, it might be the biocides.

People have said they've cleaned every mm with a wire brush and the tubes, along with flushing radiators and still had clogging.

Who really knows at the end of the day, its like anything you put a fluid in you keep checking it and see if it reacts to your components.

If it doesn't stay with that company, Thermaltake C1000 got a bad rap staining PETG and clogging blocks up.

A lot of work seems to go into these fluids, i've been burnt by a few companies over the years with different issues. Mayhems i ran the concentrates and never had an issue.

With any new loop you switch it off for the night, look and see if any fluid is separating or different color anywhere, when you turn it on see if there is anything flowing throw unmixed or changed color.

Vue apparently starts to separate when its having issues well before clogging the photos people have sent to forums that seems to happen within 48 hours.

STORAGE 

They did update their website its very odd...

First part states "Vue contains biological inhibitors" then "Drain and inspect immediately if any sign of growth or corrosion develops".

Ummm if there are biological inhibitors then that should never happen, i asked a friend of mine what vue smelt like, apparently it doesn't smell that much. Anyone who's opened a bottle of Mayhems knows the inhibitors are so strong you'd almost gag filling your loop. 

Then the last bit "PrimoChill recommends replacing Vue every 4-6 months (or sooner) for best results" 4 months changing your fluid who does that? i change mine once a year i think i could get away with longer.

I would love to see someone test this fluid to find out how much inhibitor is actually in it i bet its 1% to not damage the suspended particles but too low to do anything if you have a metal reaction.

"This product is NOT intended to be used in conjunction with any other coolant or additive. Vue contains biological inhibitors so no additional coolant or additives are needed. Adding anything extra could result in adverse effects and will void all support and warranty. Please keep a close eye on the fluid and parts in your loop. Drain and inspect immediately if any sign of growth or corrosion develops. PrimoChill recommends replacing Vue every 4-6 months (or sooner) for best results!
PLEASE BE SURE TO READ ALL THE WARNINGS BELOW TO AVOID VOIDING YOUR WARRANTY."

STORAGE