Primochill Vue Settling & Clogging my tubes, reservoir & CPU/GPU blocks

Hey Guys

I got some Primochill Vue & some System Reboot a few days ago, and I am having some major issues. The issue I am having is it's settling in my tubes and reservoir. I used system reboot before adding the fluid. I also flushed the system multiple times with distilled water before adding the vue. My GPU block is also looking bad from particle build up. Have no clue why this is happening. I emailed Primochill support to see what they say. Maybe I got a bad batch? Never had this happen before.

Waterblock & Specs

EK-FC980 GTX Ti WF3 - Nickel

RAD: Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480mm

RES: Pacific T33 Reservoir

Pacific W2 CPU Water Block

Pacific P1 Black D5 Pump

Fittings

Pacific G1 fittings (Copper)

Tee

Alphacool Connection Terminal (Brass)

Extension
EK-AF Extender (Brass)

Appreciate any help or advice you can offer.

I appreciate your time,

Thanks

God Bless!!

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

Try cranking the pump? 

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

Try cranking the pump? 

This is with the system off. Once I turn the system on, it will eventually circulate through the system until it is off again, and then it will settle. 

Just now, Boodaddy said:

This is with the system off. Once I turn the system on, it will eventually circulate through the system until it is off again, and then it will settle. 

Afaik that's how it's supposed to work

Just now, Damascus said:

Afaik that's how it's supposed to work

Hope so. I know jayztwocents said it doesn't settle like other fluids do. Hope your right. The stuff in my block won't move though. It was perfectly clean before adding the Vue.

8 minutes ago, Boodaddy said:

this is not expected behaviour for The Vue. clearly there has been an undesirable chemical reaction. can you give us all the information about your build

Fittings

silver kill coil 

previous coolant used

How much water used to wash out reboot.

as a starting point.

4 minutes ago, For Science! said:

this is not expected behaviour for The Vue. clearly there has been an undesirable chemical reaction. can you give us all the information about your build

Fittings

silver kill coil 

previous coolant used

as a starting point.

Appreciate the help. I used Mayhems White Pastel before I added the Vue. Never used silver kill. I flushed the system for 24 hours with Primochill Reboot, and flushed multiple times with distilled water before adding the Vue.

Fittings

Tee

Extension
EK-AF Extender (Brass)

Just now, Boodaddy said:

Appreciate the help. I used Mayhems White Pastel with the Mayhems blue dye. before I added the Vue. Never used silver kill. I flushed the system for 24 hours with Primochill Reboot, and flushed multiple times with distilled water before adding the Vue.

Fittings

Tee

Extension
EK-AF Extender (Brass)

Here is a pic with Mayhems in the system. 

1.JPG

3 minutes ago, Boodaddy said:

Appreciate the help. I used Mayhems White Pastel before I added the Vue. Never used silver kill.

Unfortunately it seems to be you took the risk with the pastel fluid. On the Primochill Vues many compatibility warning this phrase can be found:

• Vue is NOT compatible with Mayhems Pastel fluid. Results may vary even after a full system flush if your loop previously had Mayhems pastel.

so I would guess you'e had a bad reaction with the pastel colloidal particles.

Might want to drain, disassemble and scrub the loop.

5 hours ago, For Science! said:

Unfortunately it seems to be you took the risk with the pastel fluid. On the Primochill Vues many compatibility warning this phrase can be found:

This is interesting. I pre-ordered when they first released Vue on the website, and I don't remember seeing this at all. I wonder if this was something they later added after complaints of customers who previously had Mayhems.

Really appreciate your time, and help guys!

God Bless!!

I had the exact same thing happen to me from going from Mayhems White to Primochill Vue. I had to drain my loop take apart my blocks to clean them and then set up a funnel and tubing with the rads and forced about 10 litres of distilled water through them this seems to have cured the problem with changed tubes.

From my experience what has happened is that the Vue attracts the particles in pastel and leaves them to clump. The reboot system flush is good but it does not get into the nooks and crannies of the rads. So it is important to really flush your rad. I am not sure whether the Mayhems blitz would work but it might be worth a try as they have a radiator cleaner that is very good but not sure whether this would interfere with Vue.

I feel like at least 80% of potential problems people are having with the VUE is when they have previously used any kind of Pastel coolant.

IMHO best not risk it, even with a complete flush there is a risk of some Pastel particles remaining and screwing up that coolant.

If you want VUE and used Pastel before, get a new loop, unfortunately.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

On 12/10/2017 at 10:08 PM, For Science! said:

Have you looked into Vue more is it OK to get?

I just received a reply from the Primochill team after sending pictures of my loop/specs etc...

Hi --,

The settling when the system is off is completely normal.  So colors have less than other but it is normal specially when turning back on the settling mixed back with Vue.  Just keep an eye on it and look for filming or settling when the system is running.

So I guess from the pics above this is completely normal for Vue to settle like this when the system is off for around 8 hours a time. If Primochill is cool with it, I am too. I will keep an eye on everything, and see how it goes. I'm still a little worried with the white particles that are built up in my GPU block.  

I think Primochill was more concerned that the particles remained settled in the loop/tubes when the system/pump was on, which is not my case. Everything mixes right back up when the system is back on. I do plan on getting Mayhems Blitz. I have a little left over from the prep when I built the system. I think blitz is a lot better then the Primochill reboot stuff.

AfuQ8Bql.jpg

2VcT8pnl.jpg

^This is the only major issue I have seen with the coolant so far.

------

Nv27Mayl.jpg

Particles will settle mainly at the bottom when coolant is not in motion for awhile.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

On 12/16/2017 at 3:34 AM, Revan654 said:

AfuQ8Bql.jpg

2VcT8pnl.jpg

^This is the only major issue I have seen with the coolant so far.

Particles will settle mainly at the bottom when coolant is not in motion for awhile.

Yea that's what my GPU block is looking like after Vue. Not as bad, but I will keep an eye on it. Bumming me out.

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Mnpctech said:

I've been warned by fellow retailers to stay away from using or selling Primochill VUE, due to customer complaints about clogging and separation of the components in the liquid.  

Did you just warn me about this on youtube? Your wording is very similar...

i7 12700k @ 5.1GHz OC (EKWB) / Msi Edge wifi ddr4 / Asus TUF 3080ti (EKWB) / Acer XB327 270HZ, 3x LG 27GL83A-B 144hz, SONY KDL40D3000 Thermaltake P5 / 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / Samsung 980 pro 1tb NVMe ssd, Serbrent 1tb NVMe ssd,Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Samsung 860 PRO SSD (raid), 2 TB Seagate HDDSeasonic TX 1000w titanium/ EK-FC1080 Ti GTX ASUS Strix RGB GPU Block, EK-Supremacy EVO, EK-CoolStream XE 360 [6x120 Thermaltake Ring fans], EK-CoolStream XE 360 slim [6x120 Thermaltake Ring fans],  EK-DDC 3.2 PWM Elite Edition, EK-RES X3 250 RGBMountain Everest custom with Sorbothane sound dampening / Razer Viper Ultimate, Logitec G502 , Logitec G Pro Wireless / Beardynamic DT1990 PRO with Litz wire full conversion to balanced, custom cable in Litz, Dakoni ear pads going through Topping E30 DAC to Singxer SA-1 amp/Sennhieser HD598, Sennhieser GSP 670, Custom Floor Standing Speakers in 5.1, Panasonic amp. Rode NT-USB on Rode boom.

9 hours ago, Mnpctech said:

I've been warned by fellow retailers to stay away from using or selling Primochill VUE, due to customer complaints about clogging and separation of the components in the liquid.  

I think its fair to say that the Vue is an advanced level coolant that only people who are really willing to put the time and also know what they are doing should use. I think a lot of inexperienced people are diving into the looks of the Vue and then finding all sorts of problems that primochill did not anticipate.

I agree with you though, I wouldn't recommend the Vue given its black box nature.

So dodge it tell they work the kinks out,Or is it more users skip a step they shouldn't and have problems ?

16 hours ago, andrewmp6 said:

So dodge it tell they work the kinks out,Or is it more users skip a step they shouldn't and have problems ?

There just many issues that keep popping up even from fresh systems and followed the directions to the letter.

Not to mention PrimoChill just Updated Directions and warnings. Which now states a bunch more hoops you have to jump through just to get this coolant to work correctly. Anyone who runs there PC 24/7 this Coolant is not for you.

This Coolant is still for Show, This coolant should not be used for daily usage.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

Sounds like they rushed it out the door with out a lot of testing to know how it runs in the real world.Hope they work the kinks out so it works great daily for us normal folks.Or someone else makes something close but better running.There is ufo technologies cryo-chillz

I wonder how it holds up.And it does look more see through tho

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

Thought I would do a three month update. Well this fluid is not working for my build. My GPU and CPU blocks are pretty much completely blocked now. Pump flow is also super slow/restricted. Also, my tubes are developing a white film on the inside that is literally stuck to the tubes.It's almost like it crystallized in the tubes. Never seen that happen before. It's freaking nuts. I'm going to tear everything apart, and clean the blocks/tubes/rad next week.

I'm going back to Mayhems. Never had an issue with it. I'm moving my system next month, so what I did was ordered some scratch&dent Mayhems Yellow/Lime pastel for $.99 cents a liter from Performance PC's. (Expired, but it's being changed out a few weeks later anyhow.  This way I will have some fluid until I order the Mayhems color I want. I have to drain/clean all over again when I move the system. Win/Win for me considering it only cost a buck a liter.

Any ideas on what I can use to clean the rad. I was thinking vinegar. Thoughts?

Just wanted to update everyone. This fluid is of the Devil. Don't buy it :)

i5IutRT.jpg

OT1Thlx.jpg

ETvUiD9.jpg

cf7AyVN.jpg

I5GGK5x.jpg

T3s2TZs.jpg

7U5nk9T.jpg

vqMvBXy.jpg