Denned's Prodigy

Denned

Hello guys!

Finally got time to build a new rig. But since I already have a decent rig, this one will be for my sister. Which means that she will be putting togeather most of  the parts, and I'll do cables etc. I'm hoping she might learn some things.. ;)

I actually won most of the parts at a LAN a few months back. So I used a few of those parts, and sold some, to buy other parts.

The specs is:

MSI z87i

Core I5 4670k

Kingston SSDnow v300 120gb

G.Skill Aegis 16GB 1600MHz

Corsair RM650

2x Corsair SP120

1x Corsair AF140

Bitfenix Prodigy

It's not watercooled yet, and I'm not sure if it will be. But I have everything apart from pump/waterblock and reservoir. So I may do it in the future. :)

Even though it's mostly build, it's still quite far from being complete. I still need to make alle the cables. Luckily it only requires a 24pin, 4pin to cpu and a SATA power cables with two connectors. and maybe a single molex for fans.

Also I want to print some replacement stickers for the PSU so they match the color scheme.

I might get some new ideas while the project is moving along. :)

ZuMfE6jh.jpg

I'll be doing custom cables, since the stock Corsair ones are way too long. So I bought a ton of stuff from Nate over at e22.bizmJQJnZ0h.jpg

dNAHyExh.jpg

RzkJbNmh.jpg

rKHIQHsh.jpg

PKAtQPVh.jpg

I0gbburh.jpg

1BMxyGCh.jpg

syc0Agkh.jpg

nxzS9zth.jpg

Ze50Gaah.jpg

qAsZQCBh.jpg
6bWPh3fh.jpg

qs2Bknuh.jpg
E6NEhcah.jpg

tunuQCyh.jpg

cgS72yA.jpg

I'll continue making cables tonight, so there should be an update with a few pictures :)

Not bad. I love prodigies. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Are you going to oc that cpu? It'd be a waste if you don't, but not with that stock heatsink ofcourse (sweet sleeving btw :) )

Are you going to put any graphics card in this build?

Are you going to oc that cpu? It'd be a waste if you don't, but not with that stock heatsink ofcourse (sweet sleeving btw :) )

I'll see what I can do with overclocking. Most likely won't be anything high.

And no, there won't be a dedicated graphicscard. The onboard Intel 4600 should be more than enough to run Sims 3, browse Facebook and download 20 different toolbars... :P

Denned, on 11 Dec 2013 - 5:17 PM, said:

And no, there won't be a dedicated graphicscard. The onboard Intel 4600 should be more than enough to run Sims 3, browse Facebook and download 20 different toolbars... :P

Cool! I also have no dedicated graphics card. Using the HD 3000 igpu on my oc'd i5. Works just fine, even for doing light sketchup 3D or cad drawings.

I'm waiting to see how you do your sleevings and cable management ;)

Stock cooler on a K series processor 0_o

I know right :( Find me a well priced decent cpu block / pump combination and I'd be happy to do something about it. :P Got radiator, fittings and tubing, just missing all the expensive parts haha :P

I see PSU was too long...

Had same problem. Dremel Tool fixed it, but made another problem. You cannot use drive cages. Well you can, but those cables will be barely going thru between motherboard tray and that cage.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

I see PSU was too long...

Had same problem. Dremel Tool fixed it, but made another problem. You cannot use drive cages. Well you can, but those cables will be barely going thru between motherboard tray and that cage.

Yea I knew it would be a problem before I even bought the PSU. However I also had the solution, even though it's a little Ghetto. It's just 4 motherboard standoffs with some heatshrink :P The headshrink is just there to make it look black, and it also acts as a spacer :) So considering that wireless antennas and cables will be sticking out the back anyway, I don't think it looks too bad :)

Yea I knew it would be a problem before I even bought the PSU. However I also had the solution, even though it's a little Ghetto. It's just 4 motherboard standoffs with some heatshrink :P The headshrink is just there to make it look black, and it also acts as a spacer :) So considering that wireless antennas and cables will be sticking out the back anyway, I don't think it looks too bad :)

I did the same till i didnt bought the Dremel tool. Now my case looks nice. Need to redo the cables though to make them ~10-15cm long for 24pin and CPU 8pin.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Do not, I repeat do not overclock with Haswell if you plan on using the stock cooler. Haswell runs pretty hot and gets to high temps with stock clock and stock cooler as it is, unless you upgrade cooler, don't overclock it. Those are my thoughts. Other than that really simple but yet great looking build, I recommend you take stickers off PSU and once cables are sleeved it will look great, followed. 

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

Do not, I repeat do not overclock with Haswell if you plan on using the stock cooler. Haswell runs pretty hot and gets to high temps with stock clock and stock cooler as it is, unless you upgrade cooler, don't overclock it. Those are my thoughts. Other than that really simple but yet great looking build, I recommend you take stickers off PSU and once cables are sleeved it will look great, followed. 

I'll try to get som printed with red / grey lettering :)

I'll try to get som printed with red / grey lettering :)

get like a sticker printed for the PSU is that what you mean?

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

Yep something like that. Havn't really looked into it yet.. :P

Cool! im getting the RM series soon as well, would be helpful if you posted pics on how you sleeve it :) Good job on your build

Edit: Oh nvm hehe you're making custom ones :D

Cool! im getting the RM series soon as well, would be helpful if you posted pics on how you sleeve it :) Good job on your build

Edit: Oh nvm hehe you're making custom ones :D

This guy made a nice and easy guide :)http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/50883-shrinkless-sleeve-quick-and-dirty-method/

And a quick update. Finished the 4pin CPU cable :)

Gotta say, Teleios sleeving just looks amazing! :)

Looks great! mind taking a close up of the intel stock cooler sleeving? like where it connects to the cooler and how you did that. 

Looks great! mind taking a close up of the intel stock cooler sleeving? like where it connects to the cooler and how you did that. 

I'll get a picture for you when I get home in a few hours. :)

But I just peeled of the sticker. There's two cables in each sleeve. Put on a few small pieces of heatshrink and shrunk them. I got the thin heatshrink for heatshrinkless sleeving, and there's barely room for that. You could take off the cables and just resodder them afterwards. That would make room for heatshrinkless sleeving, then you'd be able to get the sleeving to cover a bit more of the wire, and it would most likely look a tad better overall. If not, the sleeving won't be able to go all the way up, so there will be some exposed wire, but the sticker will mostly cover that up.

You could also use some glue to fasten the wire. Lutro0 made a guide about that:

http://i.imgur.com/4Gpnl7eh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WQTj8LYh.jpg

Not perfect, but it's quite crammed. :P

I see, thank you!

It's been a little quiet, but I'm missing a few bits. One of them being a 14pin eps connector comming from Lutro0. Apart from that, the 4pin and SATA cables are pretty much done. Just need to test the 24pin and make a SATA Power cable.. After that all the cables hopefully should be done, Unless I need to do something about the fan cables. :)

WFPS189.jpg