Asus anti-surge

Hello, I've had the same system for 4 years now. I haven't had too many issues besides this, and some ram detection issues. More for the most part, everything seems to operate just fine. However, I will be doing something on my computer and it will randomly shut off. Then I am given a message about Asus anti-surge being triggered etc. I usually just press the reset button and return to whatever I was doing before. Anyway this has been happening for at least 3 of the last 4 years, possibly more. I haven't lost any data either, everything seems to be fine whenever I restart.

I suspect its probably a dying/faulty power supply, or a damaged/faulty motherboard. I am planning to upgrade the entire system at some point in the next year, but just thought I would ask and see what people think.

Specs: i5 3570k not overclocked, Asus P8Z77-v lx, 8gb of ram @ 1600,gigabyte gtx 670, OCZ modxstream 700w.

I'm pretty sure ocz doesn't even exist anymore lol.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Richard_Sharpe said:

Hello, I've had the same system for 4 years now. I haven't had too many issues besides this, and some ram detection issues. More for the most part, everything seems to operate just fine. However, I will be doing something on my computer and it will randomly shut off. Then I am given a message about Asus anti-surge being triggered etc. I usually just press the reset button and return to whatever I was doing before. Anyway this has been happening for at least 3 of the last 4 years, possibly more. I haven't lost any data either, everything seems to be fine whenever I restart.

I suspect its probably a dying/faulty power supply, or a damaged/faulty motherboard. I am planning to upgrade the entire system at some point in the next year, but just thought I would ask and see what people think.

Specs: i5 3570k not overclocked, Asus P8Z77-v lx, 8gb of ram @ 1600,gigabyte gtx 670, OCZ modxstream 700w.

I'm pretty sure ocz doesn't even exist anymore lol.

Thanks.

Your PSU definitely sucked but Asus Anti-Surge is triggered by all sorts of random stuff that doesn't matter.

if it goes away with a new PSU then cool, but I doubt it will. Try looking into a Corsair CX450M.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Disable Anti-Surge in the BIOS.  It's the biggest POS on the market.