QUAD 1080Ti SLI with 5930K inside Lian Li PC O11

Just now, tp95112 said:

People are just shitting on him without giving advice. New low for the forum in a while

Especially the people who don't understand how some programs can use multiple GPUs that aren't in SLI/CFX.

I guess those people have never used a computer for real "work".

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

Especially the people who don't understand how some programs can use multiple GPUs that aren't in SLI/CFX.

I guess those people have never used a computer for real "work".

Playing devils advocate or understanding others point of view is hard to understand aswell

Now that I think about, did he even ask a question in his post?

58 minutes ago, CreativeDev said:

know it isn't the most impressive machine but I thought I would show it off on the forum as a starting post.

It seems like he started the topic to boast about his computer. Hmm. 

1 minute ago, Judd said:

It seems like he started the topic to boast about his computer. Hmm. 

3 minutes ago, Judd said:

Now that I think about, did he even ask a question in his post?

Uh, the build log section is for people to show off their builds.

This forum is not only for asking questions.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Uh, the build log section is for people to show off their builds.

This forum is not only for asking questions.

Then why is tp95112 getting mad at us for not giving advice? 

Just because he has multiple thousands of dollars for a build doesn’t mean he has to show it off. But I was wrong. It is not just for asking questions but also to post builds. But the title was a little misleading.

7 minutes ago, Judd said:

Then why is tp95112 getting mad at us for not giving advice? 

Just because he has multiple thousands of dollars for a build doesn’t mean he has to show it off. But I was wrong. It is not just for asking questions but also to post builds. But the title was a little misleading.

Uh, not really the "not giving advice" part but more of the "criticizing someone just because they have more money than you without understanding the purpose of these kinds of computers" part.

Just because he has a nice PC doesn't mean he can't show it off.

There are plenty of other build logs with far more powerful and expensive components here.

People show off whatever they own.

That's literally what this section of the forum is for.

The title is literally a description of the PC, how is there anything misleading about that...

Image result for facepalm

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Judd said:

Why the fuck a titan XP WHY not a titan  Xp there is a reference between em and besides like why at 8k? Sos Judd wrong quote 

17 hours ago, ElderOps said:

Why though? Spend all money on the gpu and went with a low tier cpu? I bet a i5 8600k is Better which it is also the same in performance as it’s i7 counterpart

Out of all the odd/pointless replies, this one takes the cake.  

Well done dude. I love the because i can concept. Might i ask what is the primary use for this machine?

This is by far the most toxic thread I've seen on this forum. I'm genuinely shocked.

To chime in though, my blender rendering workstation has 4 Titan Xp's and a 6850k. Having four cards essentially quadruples my rendering power, even without an SLI bridge. Point being, an SLI bridge is not a necessity for all tasks, and we shouldn't be giving the OP a hard time over it.  There are also certain workloads that use GPU more heavily than the CPU.

Anyways, solid build! I love Lian Li cases. The build quality is superb.

CPU - 1700X 3.7gHz | CPU Cooler - EK and Singularity Custom Loop | Motherboard -  Asus X370 Crosshair VI w/ EK Monoblock | RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz w/ Silver Paint| Graphics Card - Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC w/ EK Fullcover block with custom vertical mount | Power Supply - Corsair HX750i w/ self made Custom Cables and 3D printed Combs | Storage - 3x 3TB, 2TB HDD | Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME SSD, 500GB OCZ SSD | Case - Lian Li PC-09 Custom paint | Colour Theme - Silver & Black & RGB lights

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Logitech MX Master 2S Mouse/Wacom Intuos Pro5 Med

I'd be a bit nervous about only having a 1200W PSU. Each 1080Ti is rated 250W, leaving you only 200W headroom for the rest of your system.

I wish not to add more salt but I would be entitled to believe you have some issues with thermals on the horizon, and additionally the reason your seeing. <30 FPS at 8k is because you've A.) forgot the SLI bridge and B.) It's 8k Resolution... xD  

Maybe be just slap a fan on the side of those graphics cards to hell them breath, :o

I would have just done Titan Xp (The latest ones) in SLI and have used the rest of money towards a baller processor. Although if guess you do have the applications like VMs ect. Whatever you wanna do 

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again