NCIX Bankrupt!

Well, the moment is finally here. NCIX is bankrupt and the papers are out to show it.

image.png.03ba95021227d9cffdbb982ad9ec9dc1.png 

Last year when I built my gaming PC, everything seemed fine. Quick customer service, and a pretty decent experience overall. But in the past few months we have been hearing more and more about their financial troubles -- even on the WAN show.

image.png.3f024d9645c6398bd8f8fe03a6da08f6.png

They owe a ton of money to their creditors -- ~$36 Million, to be exact. A very large portion of which was from Amex cards and other visa cards. Maybe they were running the business off credit cards for the past few months? Also interesting to see that a few of their suppliers have specific "drop shipping" accounts meaning that they would only ship items out after being paid. Perhaps they figured out and didn't just ship stock to NCIX for the last few months?

Oh, and they seemed to have gotten a $3.7M loan from scotiabank. So RIP whoever is a manager there.

Any thoughts about the whole thing?

link1 Google Drive Mirror

Edited by bob51zhang
Wrong reddit post.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

old news

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

4 minutes ago, Cannon Fodder said:

Yup, you're 9 days late bob - there's another thread about this, and I posted the link to that ~$36 mil. in that other thread.

Link pls?

Edit: Don't worry just followed it from "currently viewing"

Edited by burnttoastnice

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

-= Locked =-

As mentioned this been posted previously.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER