ycbcr 444 green screen

ArbiterAvenger

Hey guys

i have a AOC G2260VWQ6 75hz monitor for two years and today i was reading something about Ycbcr and rgb full/limited and notice in my nvidia control panel was set to rgb limited.

Changed it to full. The image was a bit better and had more white and dark. I decided to try as well ycbcr 444 for some peoples said this is better and got a green screen color and and changed back to rgb full.

Do you know why this happened and if could have damaged anything as it seems my monitor doesn't support this. (i'm using DP cable)

2 minutes ago, ArbiterAvenger said:

Hey guys

i have a AOC G2260VWQ6 75hz monitor for two years and today i was reading something about Ycbcr and rgb full/limited and notice in my nvidia control panel was set to rgb limited.

Changed it to full. The image was a bit better and had more white and dark. I decided to try as well ycbcr 444 for some peoples said this is better and got a green screen color and and changed back to rgb full.

Do you know why this happened and if could have damaged anything as it seems my monitor doesn't support this. (i'm using DP cable)

YCbCr is for TVs, computers use RGB which is equivalent to YCbCr 4:4:4.

2 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

YCbCr is for TVs, computers use RGB which is equivalent to YCbCr 4:4:4.

that's why my screen was with green color when i changed to YCbCr 4:4:4.?  Do you think this could have made any kind of damage to the image quality as my screen doesn't support this and i had to change back to rgb full ?

5 hours ago, ArbiterAvenger said:

that's why my screen was with green color when i changed to YCbCr 4:4:4.?  Do you think this could have made any kind of damage to the image quality as my screen doesn't support this and i had to change back to rgb full ?

Yes

It won't have damaged anything.