Chances of dead pixels

mike123159

So I just returned my vg248qe which had 1 dead pixel at the bottom right, I want to get another monitor but I am afraid of it having a dead pixel, or even more than 1. What are the chances it will have dead pixels, and how many?

3 minutes ago, mike123159 said:

So I just returned my vg248qe which had 1 dead pixel at the bottom right, I want to get another monitor but I am afraid of it having a dead pixel, or even more than 1. What are the chances it will have dead pixels, and how many?

If you send it back and get another one with a dead pixel you can probably keep the chain running until you get one without fault. Though your seller probably has a minimum to the amount of dead pixels a monitor must have before it's eligible for an RMA

??? Wanna join ??? my free??gift card??? giveaway??? Click ⤵ the subrscribe button?? ,turn? the notifications on ??? and finally leave a nice comment ??down below⬇⬇ , now without further adue ??? lets get on?? with the video▶▶

Just now, PerfectPlasma said:

Though your seller probably has a minimum to the amount of dead pixels a monitor must have before it's eligible for an RMA

Yeah, for consumers, I imagine they have a tolerance in place that allows for a couple dead pixels.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

low chance, but possible I guess.

I wouldn't worry about it.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4