Need help with first water loop

On 12/27/2017 at 1:30 PM, W-L said:

The fluid usually can last between 6-12 months and depending on the situation if you see build up the loop may require a tear down for cleaning and flushing. For tubing if you notice it becoming stiff or discoloring it's best to change it during when you do a fluid change at the same time, usually I don't run soft tube for more than a single maintenance cycle. 

Fittings don't need replacing but orings and seals are the most important if there are any that are stiff or not as plyable they should be replaced. 

What is flushing? I plan to drain the loop at least yearly than refill it with new liquid and replace the tubing + o-rings + seals. I would rather replace them rather than run the risk of deterioration and possible leaks

5 hours ago, Pachuca said:

What is flushing? I plan to drain the loop at least yearly than refill it with new liquid and replace the tubing + o-rings + seals. I would rather replace them rather than run the risk of deterioration and possible leaks

Flushing would be to clean out the loop depending on how the fluid ages and what occurs sometimes you might be able to get away with just rinsing out the loop while using the drain to clean it out. If there is build up or anything such as that however you will want to take apart the loop and wash all the rads out take apart blocks for cleaning and such. 

Orings should last last a while just keep an eye on them to make sure they aren’t overly compressed or become hard. I’ve kept most for over two years without issue. 

4 hours ago, W-L said:

Flushing would be to clean out the loop depending on how the fluid ages and what occurs sometimes you might be able to get away with just rinsing out the loop while using the drain to clean it out. If there is build up or anything such as that however you will want to take apart the loop and wash all the rads out take apart blocks for cleaning and such. 

Orings should last last a while just keep an eye on them to make sure they aren’t overly compressed or become hard. I’ve kept most for over two years without issue. 

does anything special need to be done when flushing? Do I need some kind of compound for it or will tap water be fine?

1 hour ago, Pachuca said:

does anything special need to be done when flushing? Do I need some kind of compound for it or will tap water be fine?

You can use tap water to clean everything out, for rads if they are really dirty you can use a vinegar solution to clean them. Just be sure to flush them out well afterwards to ensure there is nothing left of the cingear a bicarbonate rinse isn’t a bad idea. 

For your final rinse rinse you will want to use distilled water to get rid of any minerals and such before assembly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/12/2017 at 11:28 AM, Pachuca said:

Here's the final build:

20171227_111707.thumb.jpg.67d32d20a699724534f0db0c2510672f.jpg

It looks like you forgot to remove the protective film on the EK anti-vortex inside the reservoir.

8 hours ago, EK Luc said:

It looks like you forgot to remove the protective film on the EK anti-vortex inside the reservoir.

nope, i like to leave those on to help protect it from scratches :)