Need help with first water loop

Hi,

I would like some help please. Keep in mind that I have no experience with water cooling and would like it if someone would take a look at my cart. I'm buying from performance-pcs and this is what I have so far. Please keep in mind this is my first time and I literally don't have anything besides a philips head and thermal paste. I want this loop to run near silent and be able to overclcok the cpu/gpu and I want some cooling for the mobo too, mostly for the aesthetics. My system includes the following:

case: Dark Base 900

mobo: Rampage V ed. 10

CPU: i7-5960x

GPU: Gigabyte gtx 1080 ti

RAM: Corsair 4x8gb 

SSD: MyDigitalSSD BPX

PSU: Corsair 760W

If you need more information please let me know, otherwise, feel free to comment with suggestions.

Edit: https://ibb.co/m5B72w

Product Name SKU Product Options Item Price QTY Line Total
EK-ACF1013-NK EK-ACF Compression Fitting 10/13mm (3/8 x 1/2") - Nickel n/a $5.99 8 $47.92

EK-RAD-SE-420 EK-CoolStream SE 420 (Slim Triple) n/a $89.99 1 $89.99

EK-SUPREMACY-MX-PX EK-Supremacy MX CPU Waterblock - Plexi n/a $54.99 1 $54.99

EK-FB-KIT-ASUS-R5E10-NP EK-FB KIT ASUS R5-E10 - Nickel n/a $130.99 1 $130.99

EK-THERMOSPHERE-CP EK-Thermosphere Universal GPU Water Block - Copper/Plexi n/a $73.95 1 $73.95

EK-AF-45-G14-NK EK-AF Angled 45 - Nickel n/a $6.49 6 $38.94

EK-AF-90-G14-NK EK-AF Angled 90 G1/4 Fitting - Nickel n/a $5.99 4 $23.96

EK-D5-XTOP-REVO-PL-PWM-S EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM - Plexi (incl. sleeved pump) n/a $129.99 1 $129.99

EK-CRYOFUEL-900-CL EK-CryoFuel Clear Premix 900 mL n/a $16.99 1 $16.99

EK-RES-X3-150-RGB-BK EK-RES X3 150 RGB - Black Acetal Sleeve Color: Allure Premium Black Sleeving $64.99 1 $64.99
    Heatshrink Color: Black      

EK-TUBE-ZMT-CLR-3812-RET EK-DuraClear 9,5/12,7mm (3/8" x 1/2") Tubing - Transparent - Retail Pack n/a $14.99 1 $14.99

EK-RAD-CE-420 EK-CoolStream CE 420 (Triple) n/a $99.99 1 $99.99

PH-60009 Phobya Tube Cutter Aluminum 3-14mm n/a $10.49 1 $10.49

WC-68002 Watercooler Passive Cooler for VGA RAM Heatsinks (12 Pack) n/a $12.95 1 $12.95

MDY-3M-467-15 3M-467 Thermally Conductive Adhesive Transfer Tapes - 1.5mm Thickness n/a $1.16 12 $13.92

PT-AF14-3B Lian Li PT-AF14-3B 140mm Fan Air Filter - 2 Pcs n/a $11.95 1 $11.95

EK-RES-X3-HOLDER-60 EK-RES X3 Holder 60mm (2pcs) n/a $5.75 1 $5.75

PH-52182 Phobya ATX-bridging Plug (24 Pin) - Black n/a $2.5 1 $2.5

Not gonna lie, its better for you to have your cart be listed as part of your post and not a download. Alot of people don't really want to download a file from some random person on the internet, not that I'm suggesting there is anything wrong with the file or anything, just some people are likely to be put off by it.

MochPot: AMD Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, ASRock X370 Fatality K7, 8GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070, 256gb Salvaged Intel Rando NVME SSD, Corsair RM750x, Corsair Carbide 275R, Windows 10 Pro

ZenServerRequiem: AMD Ryzen 3 2200g, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4, MSI B450 Gaming Plus, 4GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 960, 2GB Nvidia Quadro P400, 500gb Salvaged Intel Rando NVME SSD (Cache Drive only), 3 x Seagate Baracuda 2TB, Corsair CX500, Corsair Carbine 750T, Limetech Unraid (Running Plex, Jackett, Sonarr, WireShark, Duck DNS, Ubuntu Server VM for MC server)

please put a list of the parts in your post rathen then a file to download, or even a picture is better than a file to download really.

anyway id go for a heatkiller block for that 1080TI, and probably the CPU as well, they seem to perform extremely well and look really nice. i have one on my 1080 and should get a heatkiller IV pro for my CPU this christmas to replace my EK block. I am not a fan of my Supremacy EVO CPU block at all, it came coroded, quite a few of the fins were bent from factory, its an absolute pain to get air out of and just looks kind of bad

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

20 minutes ago, ShadowArk said:

Not gonna lie, its better for you to have your cart be listed as part of your post and not a download. Alot of people don't really want to download a file from some random person on the internet, not that I'm suggesting there is anything wrong with the file or anything, just some people are likely to be put off by it.

Oh, sorry about that. Here's a picture/link of the file. 

https://ibb.co/m5B72w

23 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

please put a list of the parts in your post rathen then a file to download, or even a picture is better than a file to download really.

anyway id go for a heatkiller block for that 1080TI, and probably the CPU as well, they seem to perform extremely well and look really nice. i have one on my 1080 and should get a heatkiller IV pro for my CPU this christmas to replace my EK block. I am not a fan of my Supremacy EVO CPU block at all, it came coroded, quite a few of the fins were bent from factory, its an absolute pain to get air out of and just looks kind of bad

speaking of air, how bad is it if you have like a little air pocket in the cpu block, but it's not really over the heatsink or anything important. If it's just dangling in a corner is it important to get it out or is it fine to leave as is?

24 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Here you go:

Product Name SKU Product Options Item Price QTY Line Total
EK-ACF1013-NK EK-ACF Compression Fitting 10/13mm (3/8 x 1/2") - Nickel n/a $5.99 8 $47.92

EK-RAD-SE-420 EK-CoolStream SE 420 (Slim Triple) n/a $89.99 1 $89.99

EK-SUPREMACY-MX-PX EK-Supremacy MX CPU Waterblock - Plexi n/a $54.99 1 $54.99

EK-FB-KIT-ASUS-R5E10-NP EK-FB KIT ASUS R5-E10 - Nickel n/a $130.99 1 $130.99

EK-THERMOSPHERE-CP EK-Thermosphere Universal GPU Water Block - Copper/Plexi n/a $73.95 1 $73.95

EK-AF-45-G14-NK EK-AF Angled 45 - Nickel n/a $6.49 6 $38.94

EK-AF-90-G14-NK EK-AF Angled 90 G1/4 Fitting - Nickel n/a $5.99 4 $23.96

EK-D5-XTOP-REVO-PL-PWM-S EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM - Plexi (incl. sleeved pump) n/a $129.99 1 $129.99

EK-CRYOFUEL-900-CL EK-CryoFuel Clear Premix 900 mL n/a $16.99 1 $16.99

EK-RES-X3-150-RGB-BK EK-RES X3 150 RGB - Black Acetal Sleeve Color: Allure Premium Black Sleeving $64.99 1 $64.99
    Heatshrink Color: Black      

EK-TUBE-ZMT-CLR-3812-RET EK-DuraClear 9,5/12,7mm (3/8" x 1/2") Tubing - Transparent - Retail Pack n/a $14.99 1 $14.99

EK-RAD-CE-420 EK-CoolStream CE 420 (Triple) n/a $99.99 1 $99.99

PH-60009 Phobya Tube Cutter Aluminum 3-14mm n/a $10.49 1 $10.49

WC-68002 Watercooler Passive Cooler for VGA RAM Heatsinks (12 Pack) n/a $12.95 1 $12.95

MDY-3M-467-15 3M-467 Thermally Conductive Adhesive Transfer Tapes - 1.5mm Thickness n/a $1.16 12 $13.92

PT-AF14-3B Lian Li PT-AF14-3B 140mm Fan Air Filter - 2 Pcs n/a $11.95 1 $11.95

EK-RES-X3-HOLDER-60 EK-RES X3 Holder 60mm (2pcs) n/a $5.75 1 $5.75

PH-52182 Phobya ATX-bridging Plug (24 Pin) - Black n/a $2.5 1 $2.5

Just now, Pachuca said:

speaking of air, how bad is it if you have like a little air pocket in the cpu block, but it's not really over the heatsink or anything important. If it's just dangling in a corner is it important to get it out or is it fine to leave as is?

i just looked at mine, its filled with air again all the way across the top... god damn these EK blocks.. anyway its better to not have it, but as long as the fins are covered most of the cooling is done

thanks for the list, id change the tubeing because i havent heard great things about it, go for primoflex advanced lrt or mayhems ultra clear, they seem to be the best soft tubes from when i did my research for Northern Bee. the blocks id personally change, heatkillers are not that much more really and perform better and have better quality from what i have seen and get a full cover block instead of a GPU only block and then heatsinks, if there is one for your 1080TI which there probably is

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i just looked at mine, its filled with air again all the way across the top... god damn these EK blocks.. anyway its better to not have it, but as long as the fins are covered most of the cooling is done

thanks for the list, id change the tubeing because i havent heard great things about it, go for primoflex advanced lrt or mayhems ultra clear, they seem to be the best soft tubes from when i did my research for Northern Bee. the blocks id personally change, heatkillers are not that much more really and perform better and have better quality from what i have seen and get a full cover block instead of a GPU only block and then heatsinks, if there is one for your 1080TI which there probably is

thanks I'll check out the heatkillers and tubing. I haven't found a full cover gpu block for my gpu. Also, I like the thermosphere since it's "universal" giving me the flexibility to change gpu's later on. 

Just now, Pachuca said:

thanks I'll check out the heatkillers and tubing. I haven't found a full cover gpu block for my gpu. Also, I like the thermosphere since it's "universal" giving me the flexibility to change gpu's later on. 

sure, its just not going to look as nice or probably perform as nice as a full cover block would

Builds:

Spoiler

I agree with @Bananasplit_00, though IMO the best tubes are EK's zmt rubber lineup.  

Take a look at my less than 10 month old 1070 EK X block (actually this is an old pic, those cracked are 4 or 5 times larger and several more are there now)

these cracks are are all over the blockIMG_0041.thumb.JPG.7b2052cd872d9a7bb3ac00124cf2bca1.JPG

Dont worry, it's no in use.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Just now, Damascus said:

I agree with @Bananasplit_00, though IMO the best tubes are EK's zmt rubber lineup.  

i think EVERYONE agrees ZMT is the best, its just not a good option when you want to see the fluid lol

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

Take a look at my less than 10 month old 1070 EK X block (actually this is an old pic, those cracked are 4 or 5 times larger and several more are there now)

these cracks are are all over the blockIMG_0041.thumb.JPG.7b2052cd872d9a7bb3ac00124cf2bca1.JPG

Dont worry, it's no in use.

Is there a universal gpu block besides this one? That's the main attraction for me because I would like to re-use the block for the next gpu I get instead of having to buy a new one each time. 

1 minute ago, Pachuca said:

Is there a universal gpu block besides this one? That's the main attraction for me because I would like to re-use the block for the next gpu I get instead of having to buy a new one each time. 

Alpha oil makes one that isn't bad, you buy the block an it has a universal core.  Then when you upgrade you just get a new heatsink for the new card. (Get the model with no pump)

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

2 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Alpha oil makes one that isn't bad, you buy the block an it has a universal core.  Then when you upgrade you just get a new heatsink for the new card. (Get the model with no pump)

do you mean alpha cool? do you know what it's called? They have a huge selection for alpha cool gpu products. 

Would need correct amount of pieces, such as fittings and filters. Can you not get a block for the gpu? You have a heatkiller cpu block but also seem to have an ek mobo/cpu/chipset set listed as well. Would get 2 bottles of fluid too and no kill coil. Don't need the bridge plug as a paper clip will do. Normally the res's have the mounts with them so id check before buying an extra set. Maybe get the mounting bracket for the pump instead.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

1 minute ago, Mick Naughty said:

Would need correct amount of pieces, such as fittings and filters. Can you not get a block for the gpu? You have a heatkiller cpu block but also seem to have an ek mobo/cpu/chipset set listed as well. Would get 2 bottles of fluid too and no kill coil. Don't need the bridge plug as a paper clip will do. Normally the res's have the mounts with them so id check before buying an extra set. Maybe get the mounting bracket for the pump instead.

check the Qty column for quantity of the item. No, there was no gpu block available for mine they were all sold out and I don't want to wait for a new shipment. Also, I would rather have a universal block that I could re-use for the next gtx 2080 ti :)

Just now, Pachuca said:

check the Qty column for quantity of the item. No, there was no gpu block available for mine they were all sold out and I don't want to wait for a new shipment. Also, I would rather have a universal block that I could re-use for the next gtx 2080 ti :)

Well the quantities aren't correct is what I'm saying.  So is there not a block for the gpu or it was sold out. There are other places that sell parts. That 12pk or fins may not be enough for everything. So what about the cpu blocks? 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

4 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

Oh the EK stuff is just for the mobo not the cpu. The heatkiller is for cpu only. And bottle fluid is 900ml, that's more than the standard 100ml they usually offer. Why should I not use a kill coil? Doesn't it help?

1 minute ago, Mick Naughty said:

Well the quantities aren't correct is what I'm saying.  So is there not a block for the gpu or it was sold out. There are other places that sell parts. That 12pk or fins may not be enough for everything. So what about the cpu blocks? 

there is a phantek gpu block, but it's sold out and I would prefer the universal cooler anyway since I'll be putting heatsink fins on the gpu vram. There's 11 vram chips so I think the 12pk should be enough. 

Just now, Pachuca said:

Oh the EK stuff is just for the mobo not the cpu. The heatkiller is for cpu only. And bottle fluid is 900ml, that's more than the standard 100ml they usually offer. Why should I not use a kill coil? Doesn't it help?

So that ek kit says its for the cpu as its a mono block. The 100ml they offer is concentrate and would make 1000ml in all. I'm saying to get two so you don't run out of fluid. 

You have nickel in the look so don't use silver.

Just now, Pachuca said:

there is a phantek gpu block, but it's sold out and I would prefer the universal cooler anyway since I'll be putting heatsink fins on the gpu vram. There's 11 vram chips so I think the 12pk should be enough. 

vram isn't the only thing that needs cooled. So better put a fan on it.

4 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

vram isn't the only thing that needs cooled. So better put a fan on it.

yeah I'll try and see if I can find something to point at it 

1 hour ago, Pachuca said:

SNIP

Before you order:

Ek SE (Slim) series rads perform REALLY BADLY. See if you can fit a 30mm radiator in whatever case and go with the HardwareLabs GTS 420 instead.

Watercooling Pro & Keyboard Enthusiast!

5 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

So that ek kit says its for the cpu as its a mono block. The 100ml they offer is concentrate and would make 1000ml in all. I'm saying to get two so you don't run out of fluid. 

You have nickel in the look so don't use silver.

oh, so if I used copper instead of nickle plated than I would need the kill coil?