Really starting to bug me

TommoIRL

Hi all. I have a Dell XPS 15 9530 and this problem has been bugging me so im wondering do you know of a driver maybe I might be missing?

BAsically in any USB device I plug in may it be storage or a midi keyboard it will keep disconnecting and I have to plug it out and plug it back in. Anyone know anything that could be causing this? They would be the only things plugged into the laptop Via USB as well so not a power issue.

Clean install windows, which I assume you haven't done since buying the laptop.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I have done only this month, and have done about 20+ times within the last year i'd say (sometimes I use Linux as my daily OS)

1 minute ago, Coppz said:

I have done only this month, and have done about 20+ times within the last year i'd say (sometimes I use Linux as my daily OS)

Wait so your problem is with linux? Or are you dual booting?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

@Enderman no my problem is on Windows. I am currently not dual booting. Only have 120Gb storage so Dual Booting isnt really worth it for me. But everytime im on Windows I have this problem and at this stage its really bugging me

15 hours ago, Coppz said:

No @firelighter487 it doesnt happen on Linux

then it's something to do with your drivers. 

download the drivers for your chipset from the manufacturer's website, and install those. that should fix it

She/Her

Could just be faulty ports. Are you still under warranty? I find it odd that it would only happen with windows considering that was the default os.