Audio out of all outputs

BurningSky

So, I'm using the on board audio of my ASRock Extreme4 and I have headphones plugged into front out ports on the back panel and I have connected another set of speakers to the rear out. When I open Realtek HD Audio Manager I have set the speaker config to quadraphonic, run the test and audio is output to the headphones and the speakers. When I play music/Youtube/etc though nothing comes out of the speakers. How can I get it to duplicate sound across both headphones and speakers?

If I am understanding this correctly, you would need some type of software to mix the rear channels and front channels together to create 4 channel stereo. You should be able to use connector retasking to make the rear out a front out. That would be easier.

17 hours ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

put it back to stereo. then set it so that you can multiple outputs.

How would you do that?

15 hours ago, an actual squirrel said:

If I am understanding this correctly, you would need some type of software to mix the rear channels and front channels together to create 4 channel stereo. You should be able to use connector retasking to make the rear out a front out. That would be easier.

Connector retasking looks like the right route after a couple of googles but it doesn't seem to work for me. I followed this method: https://www.reaper-x.com/2012/02/13/how-to-remap-retasking-realtek-onboard-jacks-ports/ but it doesn't seem to work no matter what combo I try ("02 00 00 00" = Headphones, “03 00 00 00″ = Front speakers 2nd Output or "04 00 00 00" = Front speakers). Realtek HQ still labels them with the same name, not renaming like the article suggests

1 hour ago, BurningSky said:

Connector retasking looks like the right route after a couple of googles but it doesn't seem to work for me. I followed this method: https://www.reaper-x.com/2012/02/13/how-to-remap-retasking-realtek-onboard-jacks-ports/ but it doesn't seem to work no matter what combo I try ("02 00 00 00" = Headphones, “03 00 00 00″ = Front speakers 2nd Output or "04 00 00 00" = Front speakers). Realtek HQ still labels them with the same name, not renaming like the article suggests

can you not just right click on the jack in the realtek panel and get the option for connector retasking?

No option for me :( The folder only gives me the option to disable front jack detection

Realtek HQ.PNG