Sling via Chromecast Ultra

Ladies and Gents:

Thinking about trying out Sling.  I know they provide various players if you prepay to a certain point, but I already have a Chromecast Ultra which I mostly use for YouTube.  Can anyone tell me how well the two pair up?  Would it be better to have a Roku player dedicated to Sling?

41 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

Ladies and Gents:

Thinking about trying out Sling.  I know they provide various players if you prepay to a certain point, but I already have a Chromecast Ultra which I mostly use for YouTube.  Can anyone tell me how well the two pair up?  Would it be better to have a Roku player dedicated to Sling?

i personally like roku according to some menu navigation including in apps is a little slow but i dont mind. i dont know much about chrome cast  but if it has apps like sling that you can download onto it i would stay where you are but right now i believe you can get a free roku stick ($40) if you pre pay 2 months (you'll have to read the fine print). im even buying another roku on top of the 4 we already have for my monitor in my room. depending on the type of tv you have you would want to check out the different rokus regular stick doesnt support 4k.. we use sling and i like it good price compared to cable but in reality we just installed a OTA Antenna for the St. Louis broadcasts and tend to watch local news and sports more often (we get 28 channels) dpending on your surcumstances it would probably be better to buy a roku stick if chrome cast has any other features than actually casting phone to tv.

First PC Build

CPU: i5 4690k  (4.7Ghz 1.36v)                                        MOBO: MSI z97 gaming 5

GPU: MSI GTX 1070 gaming x                  Case: NZXT s340 elite Black/Red

Storage: 1tb seagate SSHD, 240gb PNY ssd                    PSU: Corsair RM750X

Cooling:H100i V2 / Bequiet Fans

16GB Hyper X Fury Memory

Benched on CPUZ (Single-thread=2140) (Multi-Thread=8316)

Fire Strike 1.1=13660

Time Spy=5519

Cinebench R15 (CPU= 509cb) (OpenGL=118.28 FPS)

Unigine (Superposition 4k optimized=5581) (Heaven Extreme=120.6 FPS Score:3038) (Valley Extreme HD= 92.7 FPS Score:3879)