Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DanRoss

Questions about adding a SSD

Posted · Original PosterOP

Alright, I've browsed through the forum and through youtube a bit but haven't found a clear understanding of what I need to do in my current situation.

Currently I have a 1tb HDD with windows 10 and all my other stuff installed on it. I recently purchased a 250GB SSD to put my OS and a few other programs/games on. Would it be best for me to migrate my OS to the SSD or should I go ahead and do a clean install on it?

After that do I need to wipe my HDD of everything to uninstall windows? Another question is that when I first got my computer I got it with a Win7 installation disk and later upgraded to Win10 so how should I go about installing Win10 onto the SSD? Advice and tips would be much appreciated as this is my first time doing something like this. 

Thanks for the help. 

13 minutes ago, DanRoss said:

Alright, I've browsed through the forum and through youtube a bit but haven't found a clear understanding of what I need to do in my current situation.

Currently I have a 1tb HDD with windows 10 and all my other stuff installed on it. I recently purchased a 250GB SSD to put my OS and a few other programs/games on. Would it be best for me to migrate my OS to the SSD or should I go ahead and do a clean install on it?

After that do I need to wipe my HDD of everything to uninstall windows? Another question is that when I first got my computer I got it with a Win7 installation disk and later upgraded to Win10 so how should I go about installing Win10 onto the SSD? Advice and tips would be much appreciated as this is my first time doing something like this. 

Thanks for the help. 

you can just migrate the OS 

ask me about your system builds, AIO's, CPU's, PSU's, and GPU's.

2 hours ago, DanRoss said:

Thanks for the help. 

You can migrate it if you like, however, I almost never have a good experience with this. Give it a try after you backup your data. Worst case you can do a clean install.

Desktop: KRySTaLoGi-PC Build Log (i7-4790K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Bell - Unlimited Calling & Texting + 10GB Data
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | HP Touchpad | ASUS ME302C
Camera: Canon SX280 + Rebel T1i (500D) | Sony HDR-AS50R | Panasonic DMC-TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)