Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus crashes " Could not write crash dump"

akb8812

So I've been playing the newest Wolfenstein lately and loving it. Such a smooth running game at even highest settings. However, yesterday all of a sudden the game crashed and came up with the error "Could not write crash dump" and has been doing that at the very same spot. I reverted back to an older save and it runs fine right up until that moment. I've tried various solutions I've found on Google and nothing has worked so far.

Next up is rolling back to an older Nvidia driver.

Spoiler

It's happening right after when I audition for the movie.

It sounds like it might be an actual game bug if it happens at the same point reliably - that can only be fixed with a game patch. Any other reports of the crash happening at the same time for other people?

Do you have "Controlled Folder Access" turned on (if you use Windows 10 with Windows Defender), or does your security software have an equivalent type of protection? You may wish to add the game as an exception so that it can write it's crash dump file. That's the most likely reason for it being unable to produce a dump, that it simply doesn't have access to the folder(s) it's trying to write them to.

I have not been able to find reports of other people having it happen right at that moment. There are numerous reports of it happening in various places.

and no I dont have that enabled. I did a fresh install of Windows 10 and a fresh install of the game itself and the problem persists.

The last two nights I've been playing just trying to finish up things with it, using Steam browser / +youtube videos, after a few minutes and a few shift+tab it would just crash and show me the "Could not write dump" error. 

Think the game is slightly broken. 

14 hours ago, akb8812 said:

So I've been playing the newest Wolfenstein lately and loving it. Such a smooth running game at even highest settings. However, yesterday all of a sudden the game crashed and came up with the error "Could not write crash dump" and has been doing that at the very same spot. I reverted back to an older save and it runs fine right up until that moment. I've tried various solutions I've found on Google and nothing has worked so far.

Next up is rolling back to an older Nvidia driver.

Reveal hidden contents

It's happening right after when I audition for the movie.

that happens a lot with this game:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/612880/discussions/0/1479856439026749337/?ctp=20

it happened to me but in my case was another process in windows that made the game crash

• 3 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:33 PM, akb8812 said:

Ugh...none of the fixes in that thread seem to be working.

man I tried replacing the steam overlay. dll file, checking the local files - nothing, setting the gfx on ultra - notning, setting the streaming on low,   nothing works if any one can please help let me know thanks