Screen flickering at higher refresh rates?

Jahoppski

Hello!

Whenever I set my refresh rate to 144hz or even 120hz, it would flicker while watching videos or playing games. It's not too bad, but it's noticeable and quite annoying to deal with. Whenever I set the refresh rate down to 60hz however, it disappears completely. I'm not sure what may be causing this? Is there any way that I could stop the flickering?

Thanks for any advice!

The Amazon cables are good but the one you got may still be flimsy and not handle 100Hz+ properly. Try different cable, if it doesent help, it is most likely a monitor.

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

The Amazon cables are good but the one you got may still be flimsy and not handle 100Hz+ properly. Try different cable, if it doesent help, it is most likely a monitor.

I only have one displayport cable. However, with my HDMI and 144hz, it is working properly. Does that mean it's the cable at fault? Or would I need another displayport to be sure?

Just now, Jahoppski said:

I only have one displayport cable. However, with my HDMI and 144hz, it is working properly. Does that mean it's the cable at fault? Or would I need another displayport to be sure?

It is most likely just the cable fault, it is prety common on high Hz monitors to encounter these cable issues.

Just now, WereCat said:

It is most likely just the cable fault, it is prety common on high Hz monitors to encounter these cable issues.

Alright, that's good to know. Thank you very much, I'll try and receive a replacement then!