Sennh HD 559 or Philips SHP9500

DotoreN

(HD559 is supposedly an updated 558).

I have been googling around and couldn't really find a good comparison between these 2.

The HD 559 is 100euro and the SHP9500 is currently out of stock in The Netherlands on newegg, but since I hear so many good things about the SHP9500, i'm not sure whether I should wait or if the HD 559 is a really good buy aswell.

Also is the HD 559 compatible with the V-Moda boompro?

Does anyone of you have had both of these and/or can give me a recommendation?

I use it for gaming and music coming from a Gamescom 780 headset.

I have used the both the Sennheiser 558 and the Philips SHP9500. 

I think that the Sennheiser 558 sounds better overall. The highs on the Sennheiser 558 are just more natural, and there's a little bit more bass too. The Sennheisers just have a rounder, fuller sound compared to the Philips. The Philips are pretty damn impressive, but I'll confess that the highs are a bit grainy and that it could use more bass. 

Also, if you have an average to small head you'll like the snugger fit that the Sennheiser 558 have. The Philips SHP9500 are for bigger heads only. 

The Philips SHP9500 is compatible with the Boom Pro, but the Sennheiser 558 isn't. It uses some kind of proprietary 2.5mm connection. 

6 hours ago, kokakolia said:

The Philips SHP9500 are for bigger heads only. 

The SHP9500 will fit bigger heads better.  I have an average sized head and my biggest complaint about them is that they are a little too loose for my liking.

51 minutes ago, FineVisionz said:

The SHP9500 will fit bigger heads better.  I have an average sized head and my biggest complaint about them is that they are a little too loose for my liking.

Yes! I have a massive head, so I prefer the fit of the Philips SHP9500 over the Sennheiser 558. I am the minority!

33 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

Yes! I have a massive head, so I prefer the fit of the Philips SHP9500 over the Sennheiser 558. I am the minority!

It is a very good sounding and quite comfortable!  Not bassy though.