10TB HDD will not mount

Hey, all... frustrated here.

I cannot mount my new Ironwolf 10TB HDD. The motherboard (MSI Z270 variant) is showing it in the SATA1 slot. The OS (Linux MInt 18.3) is showing it in the Drive file, along with my M.2. However, it will not Mount.

I have tried sudo mount, using Gnome Disk utilities, and physically swapping cables and SATA ports.

It just will not mount.

Please help.

On 12/8/2017 at 8:34 PM, Chuck Comet said:

Hey, all... frustrated here.

I cannot mount my new Ironwolf 10TB HDD. The motherboard (MSI Z270 variant) is showing it in the SATA1 slot. The OS (Linux MInt 18.3) is showing it in the Drive file, along with my M.2. However, it will not Mount.

I have tried sudo mount, using Gnome Disk utilities, and physically swapping cables and SATA ports.

It just will not mount.

Please help.

does windows see the drive? if not then its just a DOA seagate drive , if windows does see the drive run some benchmarks/check smart to see if its got issue , if not try a live cd of another distro , the one you got might have a bug with 10tb's. i run centos and it saw a 10tb red fine (didnt keep the drive ran too hot for my likes)

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

8 hours ago, gamerking said:

does windows see the drive? if not then its just a DOA seagate drive , if windows does see the drive run some benchmarks/check smart to see if its got issue , if not try a live cd of another distro , the one you got might have a bug with 10tb's. i run centos and it saw a 10tb red fine (didnt keep the drive ran too hot for my likes)

Nah... It's going back. Even if I could solve the problem, this thing is LOUD! I will stick with SSD.