Electric diy project for physics class

iHDCool

Hey guys. Ill keep this short. I got my physics portofolio, and I need to do a DIY electric circut project. Its 2nd years physics so its nothing complicated, we just got Omms law and rezistances, diodes and such. Problem is, I got no idea and I need some help asap. Thank u in advance

How about a lightbulb (5volt?) in series with a variable resistor? Ohm's Law should work well with that. 

Edit: If the voltage is constant in a series circuit, then feed it 5v from a power source, and the resistor should change the current(?).

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

You could build a basic piano - that's what we've done.

A bit complicated and annoying, but was fun to play around with.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

This might be a little complicated, but what about a buck converter? Or some other kind of dc-dc converter? 

ASU

Id build a circuit around a 555 timer or somthing similar that just makes an led blink. The 555 timer is prety much the first ic that most people will ever use anyway. Not very hard to use and TONS of information out there on it.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Okay so, I gotta say that I don't really know anything, electricity just seems to hard to me lol... So i don't know much, I can maybe, tops, do a normal circut where I take a battery, some cooper cables and connect a small light bulb to that. But I thought that if I want to get a good grade, I want to do something kind of, harder and more impressive if you understand what I'm talking about. Now, this is a DIY, i'm gonna do it home, take a pic of my self with the experiment and EVERYTHING has to be described in the same paper, descriing what the experiment is, what i'm doing, specific values for the U, I and other stuff and formulas and shit. 

18 hours ago, iHDCool said:

diodes

Make a rectifier. For bonus points, make a rectifier that uses a vacuum tube.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

2 hours ago, straight_stewie said:

Make a rectifier. For bonus points, make a rectifier that uses a vacuum tube.

Quite complicated it seems

19 hours ago, bob345 said:

Id build a circuit around a 555 timer or somthing similar that just makes an led blink. The 555 timer is prety much the first ic that most people will ever use anyway. Not very hard to use and TONS of information out there on it.

This, the components are simple.  You can twist a knob and make light blink faster or slower and it makes use of enough advanced concepts to get you a good grade.

27 minutes ago, ShredBird said:

This, the components are simple.  You can twist a knob and make light blink faster or slower and it makes use of enough advanced concepts to get you a good grade.

This circuit gets even simpler when you realize that you don't even need the 555 timer, just two capacitors, two resistors, and an led.

1 hour ago, iHDCool said:

Quite complicated it seems

Not as much as you might think. A very simple rectifier is literally just a transformer and a diode.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME