NAS & ethereum miner

Go to solution Solved by vanished,

Just have a shared folder, no special software needed :P

Unless the additional things you want to do with it affect GPU usage, which they should not, there wouldn't be any impact on mining performance.

I wanted you opinion and advice on doing this.

I currently have an ethereum miner running on xubuntu and was curious if I could turn it into a NAS since it is already running 24/7. Do you think there would be any negative effect on the mining? What is a good software to use for my NAS i have both Windows and Mac devices at home id like it to connect to and Im planning on using plex media server on it as well?

Any tips/advice would be appreciated. 

Just have a shared folder, no special software needed :P

Unless the additional things you want to do with it affect GPU usage, which they should not, there wouldn't be any impact on mining performance.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

6 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

I used to have a file server that was basically windows 10 with a bunch of NFS shares on it. It ran great and stayed up for months. No need to mess around with linux,. 

But he already has Linux running, so in this case, no need to mess around with windows

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.