Deleted

Latislapaloie

Hi so let me start off by telling my specs- gtx 560 1gb, i5 3570k-12Gigs ram,250gbssd- 750gb hdd, 750w psu, OS windows 8.1 and my power options are set to high priority. so my problem is that i get random FPS drops in my games like league of legends, it'll be at 170fps or 100+ all game and a few times it will just drop down to 45-50 and go back to 100+. V sync (i tried it on too) is off and it does it not matter what the settings are high/low. it also does it with bf4 and various other games. my gpu drivers are up to date. nothing is overclocked and nothing is overheating so i'm kinda lost :( i'm also running 2 monitors and i notice it more when i'm watching a stream or video on youtube could that be it? even if i'm not watching a video or something it still drops fps. my ping is fine no spikes. could i be missing a driver update for something other the gpu that could be doing that? any help is appreciated. 

- also the fps drops don't happen when something intense is going on, it'll just drop randomly.

and my 12 gigs of ram are 2x4gb http://ncix.com/products/?sku=70136&vpn=KHX1600C9D3B1K2%2F8GX&manufacture=Kingston&promoid=1115

and the other 4 is from my older computer that i don't use anymore. could it be that? both are running at the same speeds (i think)

Turn on vertical sync. 

I would also say it's your GPU, it's not the best. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Turn on vertical sync. 

I would also say it's your GPU, it's not the best. 

yea but i never had these drops before :(

yea but i never had these drops before :(

Have you changed anything recently? Any new programs installed, new hardware, new drivers? Odd it just happened out of nowhere..

Have you changed anything recently? Any new programs installed, new hardware, new drivers? Odd it just happened out of nowhere..

nope, but i recently reformatted from windows 7 to 8.1 but the frame drops happened after about a week

nope, but i recently reformatted from windows 7 to 8.1 but the frame drops happened after about a week

Lot of people still have performance issues with 8.1 (including myself), but if you said it started happening a week after, maybe it isn't the reason. What driver version are you on? I know with a lot of people the newer Nvidia drivers cause many problems, especially for the 400/500 series cards. I consider 314.22 to be the "last" good driver for 400/500, but that's just me. I have zero problems using 314.22 (using a 550 Ti at the moment.)