Need new headphones for gaming

FineVisionz

Currently using Astro A40 and SHP9500s.  Would like to get something a little nicer.  Budget is ~$200usd.  No microphone needed.  Looking to either get new heaphones and or a dac settup.  I play competative games such as CS:GO and Rainbow Six Seige.  

ive got AudioTechnica ATH m50x's with replacement ear pads. they are big over ear closed back studio headphones, which i use for mixing, but also go really low so kick butt with games. 

SPH9500+Schiit fulla 2 or Fiio e10k dac/amp combo.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

If you're in a quiet place and can use open back headphones, I would suggest checking massdrop because they have the AKG K7XX and the Sennheiser HD 6XX.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

Massdrop has the Hifiman 4xx. Get those, cheaper than the 7xx, nearly as good imaging, way less cloudy than the hd6xx, probably best option at the moment in the sub-200 price point.

On 12/8/2017 at 3:01 PM, NinjaQuick said:

Massdrop has the Hifiman 4xx. Get those, cheaper than the 7xx, nearly as good imaging, way less cloudy than the hd6xx, probably best option at the moment in the sub-200 price point.

The Hifiman 4xx look like a great option!  Thanks for pointing those out!  

I love them. Hifiman has nailed it with what I assume is an earnest effort to put the best sound possible into each of their price points. I am a little disappointed with how sloppy their he 400 lineup is from a SKU perspective... Lots of units, not really clear on the difference without research, but they are more than just very solid performers. They blew past my expectations and havr yet yo really find any fault with them, other than the inconvenience of their split cable design. That said, the cables terminate in a mini TRS, so cables aren't a premium, and they release easily enough to not worry about damaging the plugs.