Replacing Cryorig C7 fan

Nocte

Hey,

I was thinking of replacing my C7's 92 mm stock fan with a Cooler Master Blademaster 92mm.

However, the stock fan clips in the heatsink, rather than being screwed onto it as shown here https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/7489/cryorig-c7-cpu-cooler-review/index3.html

Do you know of any adapter that could work? And how many degrees do you think I can expect compared to the thin stock fan?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

10 minutes ago, Eibe said:

Hey,

I was thinking of replacing my C7's 92 mm stock fan with a Cooler Master Blademaster 92mm.

However, the stock fan clips in the heatsink, rather than being screwed onto it as shown here https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/7489/cryorig-c7-cpu-cooler-review/index3.html

Do you know of any adapter that could work? And how many degrees do you think I can expect compared to the thin stock fan?

I would recommend buying a different cooler entirely. The C7 uses a proprietary fan mount that would be a pain in the ass to replace.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Hypnotoad's RAM is dying, his motherboard is acting like the 6-year-old AsRock it is, a couple of SATA ports have just stopped working, but the RGB remains. The RGB always remains. Hypnotoad lives. All glory to the Hypnotoad.

I'd just get another cooler though most aftermarket cooler are cheap nowadays.

I have used C7 and i am very disappointed.

It barely outperform the intel stock fan and its loud at load.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

48 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

I would recommend buying a different cooler entirely. The C7 uses a proprietary fan mount that would be a pain in the ass to replace.

46 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Unfortunately I cannot really fit any other cooler that has an AM4 mounting kit.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

2 hours ago, Hiya! said:

The C7 is not an overclocking cooler. It's for HTPCs and small form factor builds that you want to get a quieter cooler than the Intel stock fan into. It outperforms the stock cooler by 25% or more in its intended use. You might have just gotten one with a bad fan, because mine's barely audible from 3 feet away at full load.

1 hour ago, Eibe said:

Unfortunately I cannot really fit any other cooler that has an AM4 mounting kit.

Hop on eBay and grab a Wraith Stealth?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Hypnotoad's RAM is dying, his motherboard is acting like the 6-year-old AsRock it is, a couple of SATA ports have just stopped working, but the RGB remains. The RGB always remains. Hypnotoad lives. All glory to the Hypnotoad.

2 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

The C7 is not an overclocking cooler. It's for HTPCs and small form factor builds that you want to get a quieter cooler than the Intel stock fan into. It outperforms the stock cooler by 25% or more in its intended use. You might have just gotten one with a bad fan, because mine's barely audible from 3 feet away at full load.

Probably because my stock fan which is intel i3 6100 can keep the temp at 75'c at full load and 39'c at idle and its noisy of course.

But then because i am on a tight budget i tried to buy the C7 the result is 72'c at full load and 37'c at idle and its slightly quiter but still audible. I sold it to a friends and upgraded to pure rock and i was surprised by this cooler.

Its barely audible even at full load and keep my temp at 60'c at full load 30'c at idle.

Fyi i bought the C7 for like $5 dollar cheaper than pure rock because thats hows the pricing in here.

But now its about the same.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

2 hours ago, Hiya! said:

Fyi i bought the C7 for like $5 dollar cheaper than pure rock because thats hows the pricing in here.

But now its about the same.

The Pure Rock and C7 aren't in the same class of coolers and the H7 is a better comparison. Low profile coolers are recommended only if you can't fit anything bigger. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The Pure Rock and C7 aren't in the same class of coolers and the H7 is a better comparison. Low profile coolers are recommended only if you can't fit anything bigger. 

I knew that its just my expectation is too high for the C7 at that time.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]