Noise from internal Soundcard

Go to solution Solved by Rubanski2000,

Ok, just if anybody is also looking for a solution, I just bought a ground loop isolator and the problem is completely gone. It doesent compromise the sound quality from what I can hear (and even so, the buzzing would have been suffocating any high quality sound anyway)

It was a ground loop, which induced the buzzing noise, because my PC and the amp are grounded over the same (house) ground, obviously even if they use different sockets.

So get that $10 ground loop isolator and enjoy your games over your stereo.

Hallo guys,

I have been busy the last weeks to find the reason for a buzzing noise, that is coming from my speakers. 

The sound card I am using is a Soundblaster Titanium HD, a card that I very much like. But if I connect my analogue line-out to my Marantz amplifier and start a demanding game (eg. RotTR, DXMD), it gives of really annoying buzzing sounds, that I do not encounter when I am using headphones. The intensity is not volume dependent, so if I turn up the volume quite much, the noise is overshadowed . The frequency is changing, depending on the graphics settings, like Vsync etc.

The PC and the amp are using different wall sockets.

The thing I suspected is, that the EMI from my GPU is causing this mess, but:

1. : why it doesent affect Headphones, wheather front or back IO 
  2. : using FurMark, the noise is much more subtle, not that "angry bee in your ear" sound

What could it be? Is my sound card broken? Or something completely different?

Cheers and thank you! 

P.S.: I added a sound file of the sound. The silent part marks the loading screen.

Buzzing.mp3

Could be your PSU interfering when its under high load, try taking the sound card out of your system and put it in a different pc to see if that makes a difference. I assume you have already tried removing the sound card and just only use front audio.

I was suspecting this as well, but its a (admittedly pretty overkill) 750W PSU, and my whole system only pulls approx. 300W under heavy load. My front IO is connected to my soundcard, but I just connected the internal Realtek chip to my amp and its the same noise. (Don't know how I havent tried that one yet... ) I havent removed the card while doing so though.

The cable I am using is quite well shielded, no high end stuff, but should do its work. 

Edited by Rubanski2000
Grammar

Ok, just if anybody is also looking for a solution, I just bought a ground loop isolator and the problem is completely gone. It doesent compromise the sound quality from what I can hear (and even so, the buzzing would have been suffocating any high quality sound anyway)

It was a ground loop, which induced the buzzing noise, because my PC and the amp are grounded over the same (house) ground, obviously even if they use different sockets.

So get that $10 ground loop isolator and enjoy your games over your stereo.