Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SNorman

Taskbar Organisation - Help!

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi

I have 3 monitors, two 27" main monitors which I want my full taskbar to be displayed on and one 21" side monitor that I keep chats/calls open on. I'm wondering if I can have my main taskbar (with lots of pinned items) on my main monitor and the third monitor have either A. Only the tabs on that monitors B. Custom programs I can select (skype, teamspeak, discord, spotify etc) or if needs be C. All open programs

Thanks

If you're using Windows 10, there's a lot of taskbar customization you can do that may be able to handle most of what you're looking for. I set mine up so the taskbar buttons only show up on the monitor the program is running on.

Otherwise you'll have to look for a third party app (if one of these even exists)

There are a few options when it comes to the taskbar, but easiest IMO is as above, to show programs that are running on that taskbar/monitor. I like to see everything personally, then I can swap tasks whichever monitor/desktop they are being shown on, just by clicking that task it switched to that desktop. I can't stand having to go to taskview etc to get to the running program I want to see.. just easier IMO.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you, I may not see your post otherwise.

Spoiler
  • PCs:-
  • AM4 1700 build https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/bJQ8kd
  • AMD Ryzen 1700 w/ Cooler Master ML240 Lite @3.9 1.35V - ASrock AB350M Pro 4  - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz RAM @2933Mhz  - Samsung 970 Evo 250GB - Crucial M500 M.2 SSD 240GB - Zotac GTX 1060 6GB AMP! edition - 4x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf Drives in O/striped - 2TB HDD - Fractal Design Node 804 -  EVGA Supernova P2 850W Platinum PSU - Pioneer BD writer in external USB 3.0 5.25 chassis - USB 3.1 Tyoe C to M.2 SATA caddy w/ 250GB Crucial MX600 M.2 drive for quick external storage needs.
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  •  
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocaphone F1 128GB 6GB RAM
  • Lenovo k3 note
  • Windows tablet
  •  
  • Unused Hardware currently :-
  •  
  • Deadpool server -  i7 6700K - Cryorig C7 cooler - b250 mobo - Thermaltake Core V21-  EVGA Supernova G2 650W Gold PSU
  • AMD phenom II 1055t / 8GB RAM / DVD writer
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition x2
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini
  • Nvidia Shield K1 tablet